von Ahrens tuner... part II

More info please

B. Harvey said ….”I started with the base tuner fully intact with bloop and all and shot an initial 3 shot group, then added .5 oz per 3 shot group until something happened. Well, 0, 1.0, 2.0, 2.5,4.0 and 4.5 oz all had a good 3 shot group. Every weight increment from 5 oz. on up had large 3 shot groups. ……but this time it was a 6 shot group, 1 shot per revolution of the ‘focus ring’.

Now the rifle was giving some good data. What I have found is that with each weight increment that was NOT the correct one, is that with each turn of the ‘focus ring’ the corresponding shot would have it’s very own POI. That means each shot made a new hole. When I got to the weight it wanted, 5 of the six shots (revs) went into that same hole. The last shot (rev) opened the group vertically.”

Questions: What distance are you shooting for groups and indoors or outdoors? Also, knowing all rifles are different, what weight worked for tuning yours? I'm new to this game and just trying to verify I'm on the right track tuning this.

Back