VihtaVuori / Lapua Rifle Tuning Seminar at the IBS Group Nationals!

Hey Guys!

In preparation for next week's IBS Group Nationals, I will be conducting a VihtaVuori/Lapua Rifle Tuning clinic on Saturday evening Aug. 12th at 7:00PM in the Clubhouse at the Holton Gun and Bow Club..

Everyone is welcome! There is NO cost to attend this VihtaVuori/Lapua Rifle tuning clinic!

This may be a good opportunity for you to learn a number of new loading and shooting techniques that will improve your shooting at the IBS Group Nationals!

I will be covering the following N133 VihtaVouri tuning, Lapua .220 Russian case-prep and comprehensive match-strategy topics during my seminar:

- Proper neck-turning and prepping your Lapua .220 Russian cases
- Full-length die/Headspace set-up and maintenance of your Lapua .220 Russian Cases
- How to tune and maintain the tune of your rifle!
- Tuning for different conditions with N133 Powder
- Interpreting your bullet hole shapes and....the formation of your groups
- Understanding and using mirage as a wind-reading tool
- Proper Front and Rear bag construction and set-up
- Proper bench set-up and gun-handling skills and drills!
- Beginner and advanced match strategies...
- Open Q/A...

Looking forward to seeing everyone again at Holton on Saturday evening at 7:00PM in the Clubhouse!

Safe Travels!

Jack Neary

Team Lapua

I commend Jack for his efforts in helping new shooters get headed in the right direction when starting out in Benchrest.

The only question I would have for the Lapua Representatives is what's the deal with the 220 Russian Primer Pockets?

Since I will not be at the IBS Nationals, perhaps someone else could raise this question in person.

I will bet that if they get an answer, it will be......"we have changed nothing. Shooters need to back it down".

I am experimenting with 4895 at 3320 fps. That's about 31.5 grns of IMR 4895. Last Sunday I shot that load and it shot quite well. I bought a can of H4895 yesterday, and I am going to the Range with it and the IMR with 15 brand new cases.

I'm going to shoot an Agg see how the cases hold up, and see what it will average out at.

I used H4895 for years but there is a trick to it, jam the bullet into the lands, maybe you do not have to, but I did. It will agg like crazy, but no small groups. Let me know how you make out.

Contact Mark from Info@lapua.com

I commend Jack for his efforts in helping new shooters get headed in the right direction when starting out in Benchrest.

The only question I would have for the Lapua Representatives is what's the deal with the 220 Russian Primer Pockets?

Since I will not be at the IBS Nationals, perhaps someone else could raise this question in person.

I will bet that if they get an answer, it will be......"we have changed nothing. Shooters need to back it down".

I am experimenting with 4895 at 3320 fps. That's about 31.5 grns of IMR 4895. Last Sunday I shot that load and it shot quite well. I bought a can of H4895 yesterday, and I am going to the Range with it and the IMR with 15 brand new cases.

I'm going to shoot an Agg see how the cases hold up, and see what it will average out at.

Contact Mark at info@lapua.com he wants to here from everyone with issues. I have already
They wont release the manufacture date from the lot/serial numbers on the boxes, so who knows if it is all one date just packaged into different lots.

He wants photos of mine which I haven't completed and sent yet. I am not sure photos will show to much as my 20 case don't even last a yardage. I also purchased a new lot about a week ago which I will try and see if they are the same

Michael

Jackie,how did your testing go? Will you use h4895 in match conditions?

Back