vertical hold on crosswind

Wind "pipes"

Markus,

Sie sind ganz richtig (etwas komische Bilden). ;):rolleyes:

Seriously, I wish you and your team the greatest success in Milan. The event should be very enriching for all who participate.

Very much enjoyed hearing from you, and viewing your BR 50 Web Site. Close my eyes to the captions in German, and it could be a shooting range here in the USA, or any other country. Folks doing the same things, expressing the same thoughts, equipment about the same, and all elements of the game are about the same.

Vielen danks. Best wishes and keep up the terrific shooting, Doug Miller

joe,
from your chart, drop (or rise) is 57% of windrift (i drew the chart in CAD). At 100 meters and 10mph cross wind, i sometimes hold some 3.5 inches. this would mean a vertical hold of 2inch!!! i'm no really sure but i think this is too much. however, i think your "25% of holdoff " rule of thumb is more realistic. thanks again:). "Wind near us has greater effect" does this hold true also for vertical drift:confused:?
behind our house are ricefeilds. Wild doves (local name kurokukok) like to feed on newly sown rice seeds. they are small compared to the demestic pigeons and looks like the laughing pigeon. Its not a sport but they tend to be a pest to rice and corn farmers. I shoot them from the bench on an elevated blind. Incidentaly, they are good eating and if spiced just right goes well with San Miguel (local beer):D.

Back