Verification of 750-36x

On behalf of the Board, we would like to Congratulate Mike Niksch for his verified 750-37x. Mike had one more X on target 3.

Well done Mike.

Regards,
Joe

Mike,
Great shooting ! Your at the Top in such a short time. Not only with a gun you made with a electric solenoid and had to redesign it to a mechanical Airgun. Glad I bought one of each.

Paul Bendix

Mike,

Never a doubt, congratulations. Now that this score has been shot with the standard target and has been through the USARB verification process, is it okay for me to call this a world record?

World record ?

is it really a World record Steve ???
Wow Mike
good shooting & congratulations again :D

Mike,

Never a doubt, congratulations. Now that this score has been shot with the standard target and has been through the USARB verification process, is it okay for me to call this a world record?

Well, I think so. It is the highest recorded, sanctioned score in air rifle benchrest competition. It has been suggested that it is not since it was not shot at a WRABF World Championship. I, respectfully, disagree due to the fact that many world records have been set at events other than the Olympics. Maybe we should take a vote?

Well, I think so. It is the highest recorded, sanctioned score in air rifle benchrest competition. It has been suggested that it is not since it was not shot at a WRABF World Championship. I, respectfully, disagree due to the fact that many world records have been set at events other than the Olympics. Maybe we should take a vote?

Most sports I know of only require that the score need to be set / shot in an official competition under official rules etc .......

.... If all those were in place then why not ...... ??

Verification of 750-37

Am I hearing this correctly?
A shooter produces a 750-37X the highest score shot or recorded in the world and we DARE or are debating to call it a .........WORLD RECORD????

This is a milestone for sure!...........You mean we finally got past the political correctness thing and found people that can count?...........AND dare stand up and state the obvious.
You responders are to be congratulated. It is not the association or alliance that matters Gentlemen..... only the score.

Thank you all for recognizing and congratulating this shooter, thank you the board for correcting the scoring error and thank you shooters/responders
for recognizing the greatness....... where ever it may live.

Congratulations Mike.

Frank Tirrell

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a World record

If the organization that owned the target didn't allow anybody to shoot, it wouldn't be a world record. Don't believe that's the case here! Just for conversation's sake, I don't care if you don't believe or call it a world record - your opinion and that's OK with me. I'm calling it a world record!

Congratulations Mike, and good, or rather great, shooting!

Wilbur

If the organization that owned the target didn't allow anybody to shoot, it wouldn't be a world record. Don't believe that's the case here! Just for conversation's sake, I don't care if you don't believe or call it a world record - your opinion and that's OK with me. I'm calling it a world record!Congratulations Mike, and good, or rather great, shooting!

Wilbur

Wilbur .... you nailed it right on the head .... nobody cares what you, I or anyone else for that matter thinks ........ there are rules for this sort of thing within all organisations ....

If ALL was done within the rules .... no problem .... it is a world record and nobody can change that or should disagree .....

If ALL the rules were not in place / complied with ......... who cares about the score ..... we have all shot very good "practice" scores ..... and the score shot cannot be regarded as anything other than that ......

Whatever it is ..... it is a bloody good score ......

Well, if others agree, maybe it can be called a world record. Interesting, just 4 short years ago, we were wondering when the first 250 would be shot. Things have changed in this "backwater sport".

Back