Velocity spread Continued

W

Willys46

Did not want to hijack the other velocity spread issue.

For long range purposes, during load development I had one group that shoot .25 at 100 but 40+ Extreme spread, And one group that was .5 with 6 FPS spread.

I choose the lower extreme spread to fine tune.

Load was 6.5X284 Norma, 140 bergers seated .005 in lands, Fed 210m, Laupa brass, 49gr H4350 Velocity Averge 3033. This is a 28' 1-9 twist barrel.

The velocity seemed fast for the powder charge, but the drop was right on to 600 yards.

I guess my question is which direction would you go. Seating depth, Neck tension, back the pwder charge down to the 2950 range?

Cody

If I was you, I would trade me for my Dasher.:eek::eek:

Or...shoot both loads at as far a distanse as you can find and see what happens with the vertical. We hear all the time about high ES giving the smallest groups at distance. I know it should all be math and phisics......but me thinks voodoo and witchcraft have a small part in the equation, also. And luck, of course.........................................................................

Good voodoo....I mean... good luck,
Tod

A potential chrono error?
Those things are far from perfect. With nothing to compare to, how can we know if they're working properly/repeatably?

For long range purposes, during load development I had one group that shoot .25 at 100 but 40+ Extreme spread, And one group that was .5 with 6 FPS spread.

I choose the lower extreme spread to fine tune.

One group is NOT enough to gauge representative accuracy.

As to which load to use, it seems to me that you want the most accurate load. Period.

Put is like this, a 50 fps difference in velocity, depending on the BC can result in a greater than 1 moa vertical at 1,000 yards. I'd stick with the load with the better numbers.

Back