Value of Taylor Robbins Benchrest rifle in .219 DONALDSON

S

Stormy

My father passed away and I am trying to get an idea of the value of one of his old custom benchrest rifles. I have pictures and the rifle is described below from his notes.

Built in 1956 by Taylor Robbins
Douglas 28” barrel 1.213 inch diameter
FN Mauser action
Best grade Owen laminated stock 3 ¾ inches wide at the bottom
Reinforced hood and solid plate
Miller set trigger
Unertl 20 x scope
Loading tools and brass
Weight 20 Lbs
The rifle is in good condition and was shot very little.
Thank you for any help you can offer.

Attachments

• Taylor Robbins 219 Donaldson L side full length 0.jpg
    Taylor Robbins 219 Donaldson L side full length 0.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 1,287
  • Taylor Robbins 219 Donaldson R side Full length.jpg
    Taylor Robbins 219 Donaldson R side Full length.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 960
The money is in the scope and rings 1K to 1.5 K the rest is nostalgic, unless you find a rich collector.

A cool old rifle. Unfortunately, it has no practical purpose other than a conversation piece today. As noted, the scope and rings can bring a good chunk though.

I am not surprised. The old shooters and people who appreciate the old fine guns are passing away, technology is changing and the new generations have different interests.

I saw a similar scope sell this week on Ebay for $890 so you are right on the money.

I did make a mistake on the barrel diameter, It is actually 1.43"

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Dusty..

I also have an affection for old benchrest rifles. I would really like to see a match developed where we could compete with these old rifles. I'm not really sure how we would set up the rules.
Flat bolt face
non PPC or 6 BR case parentage.
pre jewell triggers
wood stocks
got any thoughts or ideas? I've heard people talk over the years about these type of matches but they never seem to come about.
If there I enough interest I think I could get a range here in the west to host such a match.

Back