Used F-Class rifle question

latisimusd

I'm considering stepping up into an F-open rifle, doing pretty well with my FTR/308, and have sold a couple of items to help fund the project.

There are two used ones locally that best fit my list.

1. Warner Tool built F-Class. Barnard P action, Broughton 1x8.5 twist 31", Master Class F-Class stock (w/adj cheek & butt) low round count.

2. BAT M action & Tooley stock used No barrel

The Warner I could use in competitions right away, the Bat-Tooley would have to wait for a barrel.

What would you recommend and are there any issues I should be aware of for either of these choices?

My vote goes for the Warner built rifle. You can’t do better. I am waiting on a second rifle from Alan and Dan. I will assume the Warner rifle is a 6.5-284. Figure on replacing the barrel at 1,000 round, 1,500 at most if you want to shoot at a high level. The adjustable cheek piece and butt are advantageous for most shooters firing F-Class. The Barnard P action is very popular with many of the best FC shooters.

Oops 6.5x284 comes with Warner 20 degree rail, was built/assembled by Warner Tool. Round count is low and could shoot the rest of this competition season with it.
I think the BAT may be prettier - not that helps the 10-X factor.

I went with your scope recommendation and got a NF BR 12x42 NPR2 - couldn't be happier.

I agree with Larry. Warner is where I would go. I have two of their rifles both are hammers. My brother has one and it too shoots amazingly well.

JeffVN

My vote goes for the Warner built rifle. You can’t do better. I am waiting on a second rifle from Alan and Dan. I will assume the Warner rifle is a 6.5-284. Figure on replacing the barrel at 1,000 round, 1,500 at most if you want to shoot at a high level. The adjustable cheek piece and butt are advantageous for most shooters firing F-Class. The Barnard P action is very popular with many of the best FC shooters.

Well I went and purchased the Warner Tool F-Class rifle today.
Here's a pic.

WarnerToolF-Class007.jpg

I'm going to go sight it in tomorrow - very excited.
Thanks for all the advice!

Last edited:
Got it sighted in for my NF scope using some basic 48.5gr H4350 loads, 142SMK. .010" off lands. Pretty decent 200yd zero grouping for 10 shots.
Berniesightin200yds10shots.jpg

Will get better when I fine tune the loads for it. Not too bad for me though :D
Thanks for advice!

Back