used .22lr bench guns

B

Buzzsaw

I see quite a few used custom .22lr benchrest guns for sale. Why is this? Do the owners want the latest, greatest set up? The rifle just won't compete? I'm looking at purchacing a .22 BR gun, just checking it all out.

Some
Want the latest and greatest set up. Some like me, just have too many and sell them, cause you can only shoot one at a time. Most will let you shoot them if your at a match. Check out the sellers 99 out of a 100 are honest people.

Steve is right on, some of the best rifles competing are preowned,the rifle that won the ARA A-Line this year was a second owner and most folks I know have no problem with the preowned rifles, I`m gonna buy Fiddlers Turbo since he don`t need it any longer!

Both of your questions are yes. If you can shoot the rifle beforehand that would be a good thing, also knowing the background of the rifle and person using it prior in competition. A lot of the good shooting rifles are sold to friends. I"m speaking from that 1 percent experience on 3 different occasions. Two of them I got to shoot. My first one was DOA but didn't know it from lack of experience. JMHO

I don't want to discourage you, there are good rifles for sale. If I was going to buy a used rifle today, it would be one that was a proven rifle in competition.

Good Luck.

Regards,
Joe

See Wilbur's post in

http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?81279-Price-check

If he's really selling it for $1,000 I'd grab it. In fact, I thought about doing just that, even though I currently have, more or less, three .22 RF benchrest rifles, and another one right now comes pretty far down after another hole in my head...

If Wilbur says it shoots pretty darn good, I'd believe him. Wilbur is a master of understatement.

Charles Ellertson

Back