USARB NorthEast Regional Benchrest Championship, Salem NY, June 10-11

Renegade

The Salem Pistol and Rifle Club will host the NE Regional Air Rifle Benchrest Championship on June 10-11 this year. In the past we have shot 4 matches over the course of the weekend- USARB/WRABF LV and HV, USARB Open 25 meter and USARB Open 50 yard. If there is enough interest this year we'll try to either fit in a separate Springer match on Saturday or allow Springer shooters to shoot during the other dedicated matches. The match is in the early planning stages and shooter input is encouraged and welcomed.

Salem is located in Eastern NY, three miles from VT and approximately an hour northeast of Albany. GPS address is 430 Black Creek Rd, Salem NY 12865. The club has 16 concrete benches under canopies and plenty of space for cleaning and parking. Camping is permitted free of charge at the club with limited 110v power and use of the indoor facilities. The closest motels are in Cambridge, 10 miles from the club. Your match fee (TBD) will include BBQ lunch and dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday.

Looking forward to another fun Championship weekend at Salem,
Todd Banks

Todd,

As much as I was hoping to try, I guess once again this year I'm going to have to pass on being there.

Not only does the match fall on the weekend of my granddaughter's 13th birthday (one of the big ones don't you know), but it will also be happening shortly after I'll have had my right hip replaced, so I guess I'll have to pass and wait another year before joining you.

One question though. In which direction is Vermont only 3 miles away? :cool:

Dave

Dave, Sorry to hear you can't make it, but completely understand. Hope the hip replacement goes well, and I'm looking forward to my granddaughters' 13th birthday as well but I'll have to wait 12.5 years:D Pretty sure you knew which direction VT is from Salem, even if you didn't realize how close to New England Salem actually is. In the past, the local paper has run April Fools articles about how old records have been found that indicate that Washington County NY is actually part of VT...Something 95% of the residents here would be very happy about, if it was true!! Ayuh, it would be a wicked pissa;)

Todd, I plan on shooting both days.

Will be shooting everything but Springer. Looking forward to it. Not sure if I will be coming from Maine or Weymouth Mass?
Thanks for having it again. Will not be traveling to AZ or CA this year.

Paul Bendix

Todd will try to make it

I need to find out who's Going from Here first. Good luck if I don't make it.....Franky

Btt

Folks,
I've never required pre-registration for the NE Regional, but it would help me organize the event if people planning on attending would let me know, either here on the forum or by emailing me at TKBanks98@aol.com.
Thanks,
Todd

So far the following shooters have expressed intent to attend:

1.Chas DiCapua
2.Ed Hosier
3.Paul Bendix (donating a nice Walther LGR to give away as a door price)
4.John Eroh
5.Art Binley
6.Mark Marini
7.Robert Fisher
8.Stuart Spector
9.Nathan Thomas
10.Eric Brewer
11.Bill Day
12.Doug Miller
13.Ken Hicks
14.Chris Sloan
15.Dave Strate
16.Sam Wolcott

Last edited:
Lodging near Salem

Old Saratoga Motor Inn Schuylerville, NY www.oldsaratogamotorinn.com 518 695 9997
Springs Motel, www.springsmotel.com 518 584 6336
Peace Be Still Motor Inn Cambridge, NY 518 677 5524
Motel Cambridge, NY www.motelcambridge.com 518 677 2453
Rice Mansion Cambridge, NY www.ricemansioninn.com (books groups only) 518 677 5741
Sunshine Inn Greenwich, NY, www.sunshineinn.us 518 692 2997 (15 minutes from the range)
Bunker Hill Inn, www.bunkerhillinn.com (less than 5 miles from the range) 518 854 9339
Valhalla Motel Arlington, VT www.valhallamotel.com 802 375 2212
Palmer House Motel Manchester, VT www.palmerhouse.com 802 362 3600
The Kings Inn, Greenwich, NY www.ctkcenter.org 518 692 9550
Lake Lauderdale Campground (10 minutes from the range) 518 677 8855
www.lakelauderdalecampground.com Has two rustic cabins and a mid size RV for rent.
Candlelight Motel, Arlington VT www.candlelightmotel.com 820 375 6647

Chain Hotels located in Bennington and Manchester Vermont, Saratoga Springs and Glens Falls NY, all within 45 minutes of the range

What's the hold up?

This thing was ready to be canceled today guys. With a bit of skillful cajolery not only was I reconfirmed, a couple of field target shooters have decided to come. Who else can make it from holbrook, or for that matter the north and east. Don't forget this is were nationals is being held so if you want a little preview to aid in practice you can't beat it.

I'm in

Sorry Todd,

I've a little distracted the last few weeks.
Both myself and Robert Fisher will attend.

Looking forward to it.
Thanks for having us.

Mark Marini

The Salem Pistol and Rifle Club will host the NE Regional Air Rifle Benchrest Championship on June 10-11 this year. In the past we have shot 4 matches over the course of the weekend- USARB/WRABF LV and HV, USARB Open 25 meter and USARB Open 50 yard. If there is enough interest this year we'll try to either fit in a separate Springer match on Saturday or allow Springer shooters to shoot during the other dedicated matches. The match is in the early planning stages and shooter input is encouraged and welcomed.

Salem is located in Eastern NY, three miles from VT and approximately an hour northeast of Albany. GPS address is 430 Black Creek Rd, Salem NY 12865. The club has 16 concrete benches under canopies and plenty of space for cleaning and parking. Camping is permitted free of charge at the club with limited 110v power and use of the indoor facilities. The closest motels are in Cambridge, 10 miles from the club. Your match fee (TBD) will include BBQ lunch and dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday.

Looking forward to another fun Championship weekend at Salem,
Todd Banks

Thanks Guys,
I added you and a couple of FT shooters that committed to coming while attending our first FT match of the year. We're at 10 and some of the other FT shooters are probably going to come as well.

Schedule of Events

Here's the schedule of events for the NE Regional:
Fri, 6/9- Open practice 10am-?
Sat, 6/10- 9am LV Class begins.
11:30am-1pm Lunch available for shooters to eat between relays
-Open 25m to follow LV
BBQ dinner, LV and Open 25 awards to follow Open 25m

Sun, 6/11- 9am HV Class begins
11:30am-1pm Lunch
-Open 50 yard. Anyone wishing to shoot Springer at 25m instead of Open 50 can shoot at this time as well.
-HV, Open 50, Springer and Overall Grand Agg awards

Good luck to all my friends at the NE Regionals this weekend.

Other than for it maybe being a little on the warm side, it's looking great weather wise. Of course, I have no idea what the breezes will be like, but I'm sure the food will be excellent.

All 10's and X's to everybody.

Dave Shattuck

Here's the schedule of events for the NE Regional:
Fri, 6/9- Open practice 10am-?
Sat, 6/10- 9am LV Class begins.
11:30am-1pm Lunch available for shooters to eat between relays
-Open 25m to follow LV
BBQ dinner, LV and Open 25 awards to follow Open 25m

Sun, 6/11- 9am HV Class begins
11:30am-1pm Lunch
-Open 50 yard. Anyone wishing to shoot Springer at 25m instead of Open 50 can shoot at this time as well.
-HV, Open 50, Springer and Overall Grand Agg awards

Hi Todd, would it be possible to shoot Springer at the LV so I can still shoot the Open 50 on Sunday? I'll bring an LV gun too just in case!

Back