US gun costs

a.JR

Hi All , I see a lot of banter about the Rimfire BR rifle that sold for $11.000 just recently.. The question i have is ,what does it cost to buy a top flite 1000yd rifle in your country??. Over the last 10 years i mainly have only purchased Bullets And barrels from the US ,so i have never seen a full priced gun .. Obviously this RF must be something special ,but the guns that hold 600/1000yd records are by their nature one of a kind as well..JR..Jeff Rogers

My new Palma rifle built on a Barnard action by MT Guns cost me $2700.00 without sights. It shot a .151 inch 4 shot group off a bench during barrel break in. Quite a bargain as far as I'm concerned. I would say that the $3500.00 price that Mr. Salazar gives is a better representation of average price.

Last edited:
Hi Guys , I guess i was leaning more towards a LR Benchrest Heavy Gun . I was thinking this would be about as expensive as a rifle gets both here and in the US .. AT 11 big ones it must be a all singin,all dancin affair so what a about a top flite alloy stocked H/G as a comparison, what do they cost over there?..JR..Jeff Rogers

Hey Jeff. A HG will not run a ton more than a LG. Pretty sure mine ran about $3500 using all custom components...BAT, Krieger, etc. It also has SS rails which would be the biggest delta between a HG and LG for component costs. This was w/o the scope.

Same price

Like Jeff in Ohio says the price would be the same. Take my Palma rifle example, use what ever BR chambering you want in place of the 308, and replace the palma stock with a BR stock of the same price and you have a BR rifle. Again I would say a reasonable average for a new custom rifle would be around $3500 without the scope.

Back