US Economy Lost 62,000 Jobs In June

B

brad541thb

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25510193

Don't look for things to get any better anytime soon the way things are going now. Fuel prices have got to come down, and consumer confidence should go up. It don't look good when the oil industry is doing what it is to America. Just goes to show you that corporate America controls us and our govt.

BC

Last edited by a moderator:
However, the Fed believed that its powerful series of rate reductions along with the government’s $168 billion stimulus package, including tax rebates, will help lift economic growth over time.

I think that statement above is a joke. That is only a spark of help when you look at the overall picture. Gas prices have sky rocketed. Food has went up dramatically. The costs of all products are either going up or companies or downsizing their products to give us actually less for the same price. Workers compensation has either been froze or went up to hardly nothing. The US $1 is worth less than it probably has ever been. People are losing their jobs left and right. The future don't look bright for a lot of Americans.

It isn't

only America Brad. This gas price concern is being felt all over the world. Bush just threw in the 162 Billion dollars that Congress alloted for the war in Iraq to last until the next President steps in. That money would go a long way to getting our country back on the right track.

I agree. The rest of the world doesn't depend on oil like we do though. And yes the money spent in Iraq and Afghanistan could be helping a lot of us Americans out. But we got to finish what we started. I still disagree with some of Bush's war on terror and what countries he went after, but I'll stop right there so we stay on track here.

And The Common Denominator Is?????

Most of this has happenned since one historic event. The Democrats took over both houses of Congress in the last mid terms.........jackie

Brad

we could make a big impact by buying what our brothers and sisters make right here in our own country. We don't have to support and make fat cats out of one of the richest family's on the face of the earth (Wal-Mart). We can refuse to give our money to them which in turn helps the economy in countries such as China. Look around when you shop. There is plenty available to us made "right here" in the USA. Albeit a bit more expensive, but as with most things in life, you get what you pay for.

But we won't

blame ourselves, will we Jackie? The Democrats have no control whatsoever as to how and where we spend our dollars. When we buy foreign goods, we send our money to China. The Japanese attacked our shores, and we purchase as much as we possibly can from them. Asia purchases very little from us and the asian market is booming thanks to our money going over there each time we purchase something made by them. We don't have to buy everything we use from foreign countries. We did fine in this country until our large, major corporations started getting greedy. Now they share in the wealth generated by cheap foreign labor and our willingness to buy it.

I see your point, but I will state my opinion about Walmart. Now remember, I don't claim to have all the answers here, but I can tell you that WalMart isn't the problem with our economy. WalMart has done more good for the US economy than they have done bad. Now please hear me out before you disagree. WalMart has reached a point where they too have started to decline in sales from what consumers want, but yes they still are doing very well. Their growth has pretty much peaked is what I have read as of late. But back to my point. Yes WalMart has sold a lot of Asian products, but, too, WalMart is without a doubt the biggest buyer and seller of US products here in America. No other company even comes close. Yes WalMart has put a lot of people who either owned stores such as grocery, hardware, etc out of business. I have seen it happen in my area as well. But, too you have to look at the money that WalMart has saved most Americans by buying for less than the other competitors out there. WalMart has also provided I don't know how many jobs to folks here in the US. Granted, they don't pay the best, but a lot of kids have received a decent starting job there as well as other folks. Most seem to like it from the folks I have talked too.

Sorry for the long paragraph, but WalMart has done more good than they have done bad. Look what Walmart is now doing for prescription drugs to help senior citizens and others as well when it comes to getting a 90 day supply of medication for $10. I believe $4 will buy you a 30 day supply. Now that is money saved for a lot of people. WalMart does a lot of good. Yes, I've heard some of the horror stories about WalMart. They just lost a big lawsuit that is going to cost them billions of $$$ about breaking labor laws. They, too have their negatives. But I would guesstimate that at least 80% of Americans shop there as a national average. WalMart does a lot for charitable organizations and local community projects as well.

BC

Again Brad

I respect your opinion, but..... if that 80% chose to pick through their merchandise and find the labels that are "made in the USA", our economy would quickly start to advance. What is hurting their sales tremendously is COSTCO. Lots of American made products and pharmacy prices so low that people become members for that reason alone. Whatever it is or isn't, we have to force a change.

The IRS just released a report that wages have dropped every year since 2000 for the middle class. When the middle class is gone we are gone!!

As to is it the Dem's or the GOP, it is both. There is no difference since the Neocons took over the GOP in the Reagan era. Sorry, Ronnie Raygun was a great guy but the was a victim of the Left Coast crowd that he ran around with. History will show that Ronnie's "tear down that wall" did much more harm to US security than it helped. Remember the "peace dividend"?

I see your point and I agree with what you said. I for one know what you mean to buy American. Remember, I lost my last good job to a CEO and board of directors who sold us out to Mexico. So I do understand your point.

I wished I had all the answers to get America back on its feet. But I'm just a dumb hillbilly. But I do believe gas prices are having a huge impact to most Americans pocketbook right now.

That may be true Jerry

but Reagan was what he was. The shape our country is in NOW has nothing to do with what he did or didn't do. The left coast has little to do with the shape our economy is in. Blame who we will, but as we lay that blame we need to look into a mirror.

Back