unertl scopes

MD5200

does anyone know if unertl is still in business? i saw where they changed hands in 2004. are the condor and vulture models any good. i can't find much history on unertl. seemed like a realy neat americam co. any info appreciated thanks md

Unertl scopes, both target and hunting, are excellent. The optics are nearly equal to the best available today. Plus, they are rugged and durable.

Check the prices of the target models and you'll get an idea of how good they are. If you can buy a 2-inch Unertl Target Scope for less than $750--grab it!

The original.........

John Unertl was a German sniper in WWI, and had something like 900-1000 Allied kills to his credit. Obviously he had some idea as to what would be a rugged & reliable optic system to use for more peaceful pursuits.

The Unertl family sold to a gentleman that operates out of Las Vegas, NV. Google the unertl name for their website.

Bv20

I've been looking for a BV 20 ...any suggestions ? I know theres a few of these still around ....
thanks

416 ...lol

Brian ,
I think this 225 win will be just fine....LOL
thanks

Vince,

I have used unertls since 94 when a put a 10x hunter on a ruger #1 in 220 weatherby rocket and I bought it from my grandfather who used it for I don't know how long. I now have 3 and just had my 10x gone over and new crosshairs installed by unertl in las vegas. Just remember the target models are not sealed and will fog if used in wet weather but you can also take them home take them apart and dry them with a hair dryer!!! Try that with your Night Force!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Lol

Excellent!!! , Didn't know that one could do that.....
thanks

Unertl Scopes

I have a 15 power Unertl Ultra Varmint on a custom Ruger No. 1 in 22 BR. It is the clearest scope I own (and I don't buy cheapy scopes). When I go to the range people want to look through it and they are amazed than an "old" scope can have optics that are better than many of the better modern scopes. You'd think that the lenses on todays scopes would be better, with all of the modern coatings they have now, but Mr. Unertl must have known what he was doing!

I to have a 15X Ultra Varmint that's on my 7 X 300.

7.jpg

Also have a 14X target model and was interested in the reply, Is this true?

Vince,

I have used unertls since 94 when a put a 10x hunter on a ruger #1 in 220 weatherby rocket and I bought it from my grandfather who used it for I don't know how long. I now have 3 and just had my 10x gone over and new crosshairs installed by unertl in las vegas. Just remember the target models are not sealed and will fog if used in wet weather but you can also take them home take them apart and dry them with a hair dryer!!! Try that with your Night Force!!!!!!!!!

The Unertl book always said inside somewhere:
"There are two types of people who take scopes apart, the one who knows, and the fool"

That's always kept me from fiddling with it, lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
Unertl Scopes

I've owned perhaps 8 or 9 Unertl's over the last 40 years and all have been superb scopes. I personally like the external adjustments and feel they are very positive and don't shift. Here in the midwest, many long range shooters are using them because of the positive external mounts. They don't have to get out of shooting position and look at the scope adjustment, they wait and listen for the "clicks" during a sight change. There's a reason they bring big money when you can find one, they're worth it. I understand that the old facility in Pennsylvania still will do limited repairs on the old scopes. If not, Parson's does a great job. And finally, there's just a huge "cool" factor having one of these precision scopes on top of your favorite rig. Whenever I take one of my Unertl scoped rifles to the range, there's always people coming over to look at it. Good luck. :)

What would a shooter want a unerti Scope

Looks like your stepping out of the Jet age back to prop engines. What is the advantage? I like my Elite 6500

Back