Two Brother UBR match

Greyfox

Good morning folks,

I do hope that all who attended the UBR match at the Two Brothers Range yesterday made it home safely. We had a good turnout and some of the best conditions I’ve ever seen at 200 yards. 100 yards wasn’t bad, but it didn’t match the 200. 24 rifles contested the match with several folks shooting two guns and we did have two full relays. Joey Gregory continued his fine shooting taking the 100, 200 and the Grand (491) in Factory Class. Custom class was a mixed bag with Mark Ray taking 1st @ 100, Brent Macer taking 1st @ 200 and Larry Moore, who was the model of consistency, winning the Grand Agg with a score of 508. To show just how consistent Larry was, he shot identical scores with his 30BR in Unlimited Class with a 249 at both distances for a GA of 498. Larry also shot the 1st 66 I’ve ever seen on his 1st 200 yard target. Early returns indicate that there may have been new records in Unlimited @ 200 and the Grand Agg, but we’ll wait for that to be official.

Jimmy Brady outdid himself again with hamburgers and rib eye steak sandwiches grilled at the range for lunch. He sure is making it hard on those of us who can only manage gourmet hot dogs J. Much thanks to Jimmy for the range and the match. I’ll even thank him for the good weather. The next match in these parts will be held at the Gallatin Gun Club on June 1. The next match at Two Brothers will be on June 15th. We hope you can join us for one or both.

Rick

Unlimited Class Records

I'll second the Thanks to Jimmy for building a great range and hosting UBR matches.

Rick is being too modest with the results. The possible records mentioned in unlimited class were shot by Rick! 260 at 100, 255 at 200, and a grand agg of 515. Really great shooting Rick.

He has sent us back to the drawing board in hopes of being able to compete with this level of shooting.

Ron Jackson

Yes Ron...and with a 22 caliber in score shooting, to boot. Way to go Rick! I looked at the targets. They looked good to me. I hope they hold up. You have certainly put in the hard work and all that it takes...In other words you earned it and deserve it. I'm happy for you my friend.

Oh, and I can't forget to mention how nice this brand new range is, and how well we are all treated. Ribeyes and burgers for lunch are hard to beat. Jimmy and Glenn have done well with their new range.

The Brady's have put together a very nice facility down there! their hospitality and personality are awesome! Hope to be able to come there again soon. I enjoyed everyones fellowship and plain ole had a good time just being able to be there with all that shot! The lunch was awesome too.
Mark

Hey Rick were all range rules followed and backers present? LOL

hmmmm, seems like everybody kept bolts out of rifles except between fire commands and there was plywood on the target frames and a red dirt berm behind that. So, yep I think everything was in order :)

Rick

Back