Tuners?

Hey tim

If your gun is not properly smithed, no matter how good the ignition, it will not shoot to its' potential. Now, after you pull your foot/feet out of your a-- and understand this thread was about tuning maybe, just maybe, you'll learn how to participate in a thread. Too many threads get waylaid by people who want to spout off on their agenda and not follow or stay with the subject matter of the thread to which they are responding. Lastly, for you tim, since you tell us you are a man of knowledge; isn't it safe to assume that once a person gets to the point of tuning, he or she has already checked all other aspects of the weapon? Futhermore, why don't you open a gunsmithing school, since based upon your past posts, there isn't anything you don't know about rimfires except how to shoot them.

Fred
CONGRATULATIONS for winning the ARA A-Line this year. I am sure you worked hard for top honors.
We have the best Ammo we ever had We have the best barrels we ever had. Pretty much useing the same Tuner design. Same action design. Would seam their should be a lot more Great shooting Guns. Oh, some people get tired of find the right tuner setting and the Ammo it likes.
Again, Congratulations on some fine shooting.

Hey Gordon

Nope, tuner design has changed drastically. I use the Pappas slider and in my honest opinion all other designs are obsolete. Gotta keep up, or lose out to modern technology. Good Luck with your ignition. Oh how many state tournaments did you win this year? How many regionals? Where did you come in on the ARA statline or Agg line? Any time you think you can keep up with me, let me know and we will remove all doubt. I feel honored being able to communicate with such a fine smith and shot. See you at the upcomming PSL Shoots and you can make some easy money from me on side bets. Fred Leeds

Wow.... the internet version of beer muscles. I can only imagine what the humility would be without that one lonely 250 score????

"Either tuner, will not make bad ammo shoot good."

What does that mean?
1) Does it mean, your bad ammo, with the tuner, can not be made to shoot same as your good stuff, without the tuner?
2) Or does it mean bad ammo, with tuner, can not be made to shoot same as good ammo, with tuner?
3) Or does it mean a tuner just has no effect on bad ammo?
4) Or does it mean you won't be able to see a tuner's effect on large group sizes, but you will on small groups?
5) Does it mean, the effect is not same on different ammo, for example, if your ammo shoots .3 groups the tuner might take them down to .25, but if it shoots .4 groups the tuner can't take them to .33?

I have an idea 1) or 2) is probably what is meant but I'm not sure.

pacecil

tim and Gordon seem to be advocates of good ignition for making All ammo shoot in the one's.

ErnieJ, what was it the guys saw on your spent cases that caused them to confirm bad ignition? Thanks, Douglas

This thread has already been hijacked, so what's one more off-topic post?

ErnieJ, what was it the guys saw on your spent cases that caused them to confirm bad ignition? Thanks, Douglas

This thread has already been hijacked, so what's one more off-topic post?

Douglas, I'd venture what they saw was obious evidence that he was not getting a proper strike, leading to inconsistant ignition, leading to Gorndon's post hoping to make folks realize that without proper ignition, which should be checked and often is not, and should be smithed and often is not, leading to the major stream of absolute BS by apparantly one of the sports [self professed dominators of mere mortals], confusing poor Cecil...AGAIN,[ Cec, tuners won't make a bad gun good or bad ammo good, but will make a good gun with good ignition, shooting good ammo just a wee bit better], leading to Steve's observation, leading to why here's yet another example of why knowledgable guys often refuse to post up here, leading hopefully the realization that Ernie's helpfull post kind of confirms exactly what Gordon made reference to, leading to the end of the worlds longest sentance

Some of you guys need to get your Prozac prescriptions refilled. :eek:

Back