Triple Crown Week

ewwills

I would like to make the Triple Crown a very Special Week of shooting. We all know that Fri,Sat & Sun. will be the Triple Crown Shoot. On Wednesday May 27 the range will open at 9:00 AM for practice. IR50/50, ARA & PSL targets will be available. I will have a Rangemaster present and everyone is welcome. On Thursday May 28th Kettlefoot will host a Mini-Crown/Fun/Practice Shoot. Entery fee will be 30.00 per shooter. 20.00 per shooter will go into the prize fund and will be paid out First ,Second and Third place for 3 Target Agg. and First Second and Third Place each Target.
We will shoot one each IR50/50, ARA and PSL target. Shoot will start at 10:00AM. We will have a limit of 60 shooters, shoot 1 relay and rotate benches after each target. After the Mini-Crown the range will remain open until 6:00PM for practice. Hope to see you there.
Wayne Wills

Not to sound cranky, but for those expecting to travel a fair distance, without the flexibility to take a full week for this venue, several had expected to be able to practice at least the day before it starts. After months, we now have a change of venue with limited, at best, practice time available.
A rather extensive Q & A has been had about the time commitment required here with what was believed to be a firmed agenda .

Tim,
The 3 Target Fun Match should take no longer than 2-3 hours. The Range will be open from 8:00 AM until at least 6:00PM ...longer if needed. I will do everything I can to be sure that everyone has ample time to practice. I have found over the years that there is no better practice than some form of competition. Remember the range will be open all day Wednesday as well.
Wayne

Tim,
The 3 Target Fun Match should take no longer than 2-3 hours. The Range will be open from 8:00 AM until at least 6:00PM ...longer if needed. I will do everything I can to be sure that everyone has ample time to practice. I have found over the years that there is no better practice than some form of competition. Remember the range will be open all day Wednesday as well.
Wayne

Wayne,
Thank you for the update, that sounds quite reasonable. At first blush it sounded like the day would be mostly gone. Hope everything works out because this really looks like it's going to be a fun/challenging venue.

Wayne

It's about 33hour trip for me to get there and a fun match on the Thursday to blow out the cobwebs would be appreciated, so count me in.

Peter

60/180

Wayne,
How will the 60 be chosen?

First come first serve ? If so count me in.
Drawing ?
Invitation ?

I am sure some will want to know for planning purposes, while others will want to know if there is any point of being there early.

George

For RV and Fun Shoot Reservations email me direct at ewwills@btes.tv This will allow me to confirm your site and/or bench.
Wayne Wills

Mr. Wills,

Thank you so much for hosting and supporting the Triple Crown Match. The Triple Crown promises to be the largest rimfire benchrest match ever held.

It represents a new era, an advancement in rimfire bench rest shooting as a sport. It offers to bring together, for the first time all the factions of benchrest rimfire shooters.

Wouldn't it be great if the three "P" guys, and Prone guys showed up. We may be surprised at what they can do. Anyway you cut it, this match will be remembered and talked about for a very long time.

Shooters, if you only attend one major match next year, make it the Triple Crown. Make your plans early.

TKH

Back