transporting flag poles

Apollo

Jason Stanley
With the season soon to be rolling strong, was wondering what you guys use to transport your flag poles? Randy made me an awesome flag carrier when at the range, but what do you guys/gals use when transporting poles from home to the range. As of now, I have a good old fashion 5 gallon bucket for the short poles.

Stanley

Jason,
Old golf bags work pretty good.My brother-in-law is still upset with me for appropriating his.It's not like he was using it all the time. I mean,how many golf clubs do you really need ? A putter, a 3 wood and a 7 Iron ? Don't need a bag for that.
Joel

I have a zippered bag that originally was to transport an aluminum and cloth "directors chair". It is of very heavy, coarse weave nylon, with a heavy duty zipper. Although it is a little longer than I need, the price was right. I found a long narrow cardboard box that fits inside of it, that I cut one end out of, to give it some shape, and give my flag stands more protection.

Well, it depends on whether it is a formal "black tie" match, or just an informal affair ;):D. Just kidding, but here are a couple that I made. Each will hold 8 poles, but as you can see from the scuffs, the one on the left gets more use :D.

Jim

windflagpoles007copy2.jpg

apollo

I use a long carpenters box. I place my poles and my folding stands in the box. The tray holds the spikes and tie down camp stakes along with hammer and tools.

If you carry 4 poles wrap them in a towel and place them in your gun case.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Flag and pole carrier

A inexpensive (cheap )flat rifle carrier ...remove foam ...works well and cost less than $20.00. Plus its easy to carry and store.

Thanks for all the ideas. I think I have an idea of what I want to do. Thanks again. Hope everybody has a great season.

Stanley

stand case

Here is what I have. Six flag stands, two probes all in an photographer's light stand case....:)

Attachments

• flags1.jpg
    flags1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 385
I use a cheap plastic gun case. If you will be carrying the case full of stands in a Van or SUV leaving enough of the foam in the case to keep things from moving will save you from listening to a constant rattle.

I have a nice ski bag left over from my downhill skiing days that I might start using for stands that are too long for the gun case. This ought to be the right time of year to find a deal on one.

-Dave-

Thanks again for all the ideas. I think I have an idea of what I want to do - just gotta make it.

Stanley

Hey Cale,
Tell them what we use at Luther. A good 14' flat bed trailer works wonders.:D

Donald

Bag for poles

I use a bag from one of my folding lawn chairs. It has a shoulder strap and most everyone has one of these. It will hold the poles only.

Back