Top Cleaner Again. Sorry!

Why not just use a tried and true BR solvent like BUTCH's BORE SHINE? The last time I looked, it was designed for use in a Benchrest rifle, not an engine or a fuel injector. :)

Butches contains ammonia which I do not like to put in my stainless steel barrels. Just because it is marketed for Benchrest barrels does not mean everybody likes it.
Not sure about TEC but it doesn't smell like it has ammonia, I only ever used one can of it anyhow.

Dick

I just so happen to work for a GM dealership. The part number you are looking for is still available in small quantaties . I have several cans available and multiple listings at other dealers in Maine. Metal can / screw top pt.# 1052626 .. The new stuff is not good and comes in a plastic bottle / green in color.. might as well use WD - 40 to clean with ..
not sure on shipping costs but be willing to track some down for you.. Email me if you need help finding some.
Andy B.

Why not just use a tried and true BR solvent like BUTCH's BORE SHINE? The last time I looked, it was designed for use in a Benchrest rifle, not an engine or a fuel injector. :)

The cheapest I can buy a gallon of Butch's bore shine is 111.60, I can make the exact stuff for about 70.00. That's a 41.60 per gallon savings. I use about 2 gallon a year, so I save 82.60. Plus, I can vary the formula to fit specific needs. What most people don't realize, Butch's was not made in a lab, it was developed by a shooter who mixed his own and shared the mix with others freely. I won't go into how Butch's came about from that but there are a few hard feelings over that.

Hovis

Even though I have a number of cans of the old GM Top Engine Cleaner, I decided to try Sea Foam Injector Cleaner and found it did a better job than the GM so that is what I use now and is available at most auto parts stores.

Sea Foam

Yep,
I thought about it when this post started and tried some yesterday.
Seems to cut the carbon right out.

I had heard that about sea foam, I bought a can but have yet to use it. Good to know there is a replacement for GMTC.

Hovis

Anither choice

Nice to know. Maybe I can use all my excess Gun Cleaning solvents to clean the injectors in my Trailblazer.

BUTCH,
it would appear that you may be correct in the long term, but i can still get it here.
it is also nice to see alternates that do not cost an arm and a leg, that actually work.

thanks
mike

Back