Tooley MBR rear bag question. Need advise.

skeetlee

Fellas i have a tooley MBR stock from Mcmillan and none of the bags i have work very well for this stock. I was hoping someone here that has a tooley MBR stock could help me pick the correct rear bag. Thanks Lee

I have an edgewood rear bag that is made especially for the shehane st-1000. Its really wide. I bought it from edgewood and they told me this bag was made especially for that stock. I am going to sell it to buy a rear bag for the tooley stocks if anyone is interested. 100 bucks. it is in like new condition. I think i used it maybe 5 or 6 times. thanks Lee

also while i am thinking about it, what type of powder do you use to help you stock slide in the cordura type bags? Thanks again Lee

Skeetlee
I use an Edgewood Mini-Gator with the 3/8 spacing on my Tooley MBR and my Shehane MBR stocks and its a very nice set-up.

On the ST1000 stocks we take the 3/4 spacing ears off of the bag and split them down the middle.We then take the pieces to a saddle shop and have them sewn on a wide thick piece of leather and then glue the leather on top of the cordura in the original location.This lets the stock rest further down in the ears while still using relatively stiff ears.I hate having the stock settle in the bags requiring constant adjustment of the spedscrew or mariners wheel and this has helped alleviate that from happening.

What color is your bag?
Waterboy

Here are the three bags i have to choose from. The little protector bag thats under the stocks feels the best out of what i have, but i worried about it being to small. the bag on the left is the st-1000 bag. It is very wide in the stitching area. The red bag is for my ppc. I cant even find that bag on the edgewood site, so it must be an obsolete style. I need a good solid bag for my MBR before the season starts. I also have an Mcmillan F-class stock that i cant find a bag for. I need a wide low profile bag, and i dont know what to buy. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Lee

3bags003.jpg

3bags003.jpg

Bags

If you are going to be shooting different styles of stocks you're going to need different bags.The bag you use on the shehane stock should work well with your f"class stock.As for the MBR get a good solid base bag with double stiches between the ears.I prefer shorter ears to keep from interfering with my cheek.

Call Mark King at mark King Rifles (717-834-6284 )

He has some of the best custom Protektor bags for the MBR.

Wolfdawg

Thanks for the offer but i think i am going to hang on to it for a bit. I may end up buying another st-1000 stock. If i change my mind ill let you know. thanks Lee

Back