Too heavy for score?

If you can hang onto it for 25 rounds plus sighters I will talk the guy who runs our match into letting you shoot that thing

JD Jones is crazy but that is taking it a little too far off the deep end. I wish i had that much free time

I remember talking with JD shortly after he built the first 950 (sometime around '97 or '98). I want to say the cost came to $15K, but I could be mistaken.

As for SSK, they build some boomers. I purchased one of his .416 JDJ's fifteen years ago and it is a handful (pun intended). Even with the brake, 400 grain Hornady's @ 1,800 fps are punishing.

.416 JDJ top, 8mm JDJ bottom:

SSK_Contenders.JPG

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

The double set of scope rings might make it go over. Reminds me one time Frank Parker shot a 30BR that weighed about 9# at a Unaka group match. Made me sell the 30BR reamer I had just bought!!

Every time he pulled the trigger his beard flipped up like the mudflaps on a rail dragster!!!

Like when i was lucky enough to draw the bench next to the foot doc larry cohen at rachels glen when he first decided to do his load development on the new 30br. He would shoot as many rounds as he could in 7mins and it moved my crosshairs a whole ring every shot. One round he even forgot to shoot 5 on the record target. I miss seeing larry and im proud to own that gun this very day.

Back