Tomball Gun Club "Crawfish Invitational" February 27 & 28

Richard Pullum

We will be hosting the Crawfish Invitational on February 27 & 28.
Tomball Gun Club 12600 Zion Rd. Tomball Tx 77375.
Range will be open Friday for practice and closing down around 3 PM to set frames.
Saturday start time 9 AM LV/HV all 100 yards.
Sunday start time 8 AM HV/LV all 200 yards.
Local hotels available in Tomball.
Lunch menus will be available by Tomball BBQ.
Hope to see everyone there.

Contact,
Dwayne Pullum (281) 684-9004
Richard Pullum at richardpullum@embarqmail.com

Thanks Richard

Mudbug Match

Richard, Thanks for putting on the match. Dickie and I will be there. The Pullum brothers are great hosts except for their little character flaw of routinely beating everyone. Well, Dickie and I have hit upon the solution. If Richard or Dwayne show the slightest lead we are going into aggrieved victim mode. It worked on college campuses. It worked in Ferguson. It worked in the federal government. We are pulling out all the stops to make it work at the Crawfish. We have our "White Feelings Matter" t-shirts. We are going to set up a safe place in an alternate universe where we are beating Richard and Duane. If need be, we are prepared to riot and loot their loading areas. All we need are a few snappy chants and, poof, Pullum power will evaporate like my arches after walking on the Tomball pea gravel for two days. Tim

Richard, like my arches after walking on the Tomball pea gravel for two days. Tim

Doc, we still cannot get anybody in the Tomball Gun Club to admit to putting all of that horrendous Pea Gravel all over the ground.

I always figured who ever authorized it had a Son-In-Law in the Aggregate Business.;)

Maybe there was a method to that madness. They figured walking on that Pea Gravel would make you forget about those "great conditions" we always have:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Do they still shoot the Crawfish in Lafayette? The last benchrest match I shot was there in the 80s. The crawfish spread was great on Saturday after the match. Even the Cajun music was enjoyable after a few beers.

No. That is, not center fire group. When they shut down the old Hub City Rifle Club in Lafayette, Tomball took up the match just to keep it going.

The plan always was that when the new Club in Lafayette got up and running, they would then continue the tradition.

That was over 10 years ago. Lewis Langalis, (sp), died, Marcy Lyons was getting up in years, and passed away just a year ago. Nobody wanted to do it. So until a Range in Louisianna wants to hold the match, Tomball will continue to hold it and keep the name going.

Years ago, we tried the crawfish dinner thing. But still, many shooters went into town to eat Saturday Night anyway, and it just wasn't the same. That, and we cannot have any alchohol on the range. Crawfish without beer just doesn't work.

Also, Tomball is a Private Club, and most of the club members that do not shoot Benchrest are not interested in spending the money that it takes to put on a show like that. At this point in time, we feel fortunate that the Club allows us have the Range to have a Match.

It would be great if the Crawfish could return to Louisianna. But it takes people willing to put on a Match if you are going to have one.

Mike Guilliot is doing a great job running Matches at Lake Charles. But we shoot NBRSA HBR and Varmint for Score there.

But come on down. Tomball is nothing but a Northwest Exstension of Houston, there are great Hotels, and great Restaurants all around.

Last edited:
Jackie,

Thank you for the information. I may take a ride with my brother and keep him company if and when he makes one of your matches. I shot in Tomball once, maybe twice, back in the day when I ran around with the Austin crowd, but I would not even recognize the range now, it has been awhile.

You are right, crawfish without beer is just not the same.

nez

Back