To Fireform or not to Fireform

I have/had this same problem it wasn't the headspace that was the issue it was the back end.
Trevor

The back end on virgin, unfired cases? If so, you really don't have a SAAMI or CIP chamber. If you read the OP's posts, you'll see the slightly tight fit was with virgin Lapua brass.

Gosh, I'm thinking that I should have gone to MIT after all. I didn't realize this aspect of reloading was that complicated and technical. I do thank everyone for their help and suggestions. I placed a call to Dave Bruno this morning and asked him if he had a print of the reamer dimensions. He said he would look around and send one to me via email. Thanks again. Charles from Maine

Wilson Neck Bushings

Sinclair and Midway are out of stock on Redding Neck Bushings and Redding doesn't know when they will be available at this time. Do Wilson Neck Bushings fit Redding Dies? I spoke to someone at Wilsons today and told me that they were not sure if their bushings would fit Redding Dies. Anyone here have an answer?

Sinclair and Midway are out of stock on Redding Neck Bushings and Redding doesn't know when they will be available at this time. Do Wilson Neck Bushings fit Redding Dies? I spoke to someone at Wilsons today and told me that they were not sure if their bushings would fit Redding Dies. Anyone here have an answer?

Yup.

Oh, you want to know if Wilson and Redding are interchangeable -- that's "yup" too.

There are some nice bushing dies made by Bonanza (now Forester) that use bushings, but they are different.

BTW, be a bit careful with that reamer print. A chamber can't be smaller (in diameter) than the reamer used to cut it, but can be bigger. Also, no one ever said how far in the reamer was run. The print's a start but not always the final answer.

Gosh, I'm thinking that I should have gone to MIT after all. I didn't realize this aspect of reloading was that complicated and technical. I do thank everyone for their help and suggestions. I placed a call to Dave Bruno this morning and asked him if he had a print of the reamer dimensions. He said he would look around and send one to me via email. Thanks again. Charles from Maine

This isn't extraterrestrial navigation. Once you get the fundamentals down, it just a matter of executing correctly. Heck, if the other Charles can do it, anyone can! :)

Yup. And to quote Butch Lambert,

Charles E, Thought you had a sense of humor and were more sophisticated, seasoned, and wise. Certainly not naive as to play someone's game.

P.S. My nonshooter results are posted under the monthly results for the Austin Rifle Club [for the world to see] in the Benchrest Competition - Only forum, and prior to that, under the Match Information and Results forum. Probably about three years of data.

Granted, I haven't shot much in the last 5 months. My wife was diagnosed with colon cancer in June and I had back surgery in July. Needless to say, we've been preoccupied with other things other than my putting holes in paper. However, she did force me out of the house in August.

Where are your results, and your buddy's posted?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back