To All Team USA Members

C

cris

All,

We are attempting to put together an equipment list to put on the web site to help new shooters.

Please list action, barrel, stock, pellet and rifle class. Any other things, such as, tuners, air strippers, etc. would be nice.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I used two USFT Hunter models. Both were designed by me, and constructed by Mac1, then tuned and heavily modified by me specifically for this match. Here are some specs:

Light Varmint rifle: USFT Hunter, 24" airtube, 3" wide X 1" thick milled from solid aluminum forend rail, 23" Lothar Walther .177 barrel, Leupold fixed 36X target scope, using a 1100psi air charge good for 70+ accurate shots non-regulated. I used un-lubed, but weighed (thanks Wayne) JSB 7.9gr pellets from Pyramid Air. the gun weighed 9lbs 4oz, and the scope with Leupold QD mounts weighed 1lb 2oz. Velocity was 790-800fps using the 7.9gr pellets.

Heavy Varmint rifle: USFT Hunter, 30" airtube, 3" wide X 1" thick milled from solid aluminum forend rail, 25" Lothar Wather barrel, Leupold fixed 24X target scope, using a 1400psi air charge good for 80+ accurate shots non-regulated. I used Krytec_lubed, weighed (thanks Wayne) Crosman Premier die#2 10.5 pellets graciously donated by "BikerScum" and Tony Trojan". The gun weighed 12lbs 2oz, and the scope with Leupold QD mounts weighed 1lb 3oz. Velocity was 900-910fps using the 10.5gr pellets.

OOPS, I forgot to add some very important items:
I used two Graham windflags and two of Marvin Renold's unigue uppy/downy units. A huge help!

I also used a joystick type front rest by Shadetree, fitted with a Randolph Machine MKII "bag setup" on a homebuilt flat plate base. At the rear I used an Edgewood mini-gator, high, with small ears.

Last edited by a moderator:
LV:Borrowed Air Arms EV-2, stock except for custom stripper/tuner. Weaver T-36 scope, AA Diabolo Field pellets sorted by head size, weighed and lubed.

HV:Borrowed Dawson action in custom stock, Benchmark rimfire barrel(.22), custom adjustable stripper, Weaver T-36 scope and whatever pellets Rick Ingraham put in front of me. They were sorted JSB's, but he'll have to fill in the weight.

Todd Banks

My list is simple.

For the LV Class I used a stock .177 caliber Air Arms S400 MPR-FT wearing a Leupold 36X BR scope, Neil Price Air Stripper and Jeff Madigan 3" wide Fore-end Block custom fitted for the MPR. I was shooting Air Arm's 8.4 grn. domed pellets that had been weighed and lubed with Krytec Chain Wax.

For my HV-B gun I used a .177 caliber Theoben MFR Rapid that had originally been customized by Alan Zasadny, but has been fully gone through and reworked by myself. This too wore a Neil Price Air Stripper, 36X Leupold BR scope, and had a Mike Turner Gray Laminated 3" wide Benchrest Stock. I was shooting 10.6 grn. Crosman Premier Heavy's which had been weighed, then lubed with Krytec Teflon Chain Lube.

My rest was one of Ken Fulgham's earliest models that has also been customized to my liking.

My wind flags were made by the great H.L. Wickham.

Dave

LV Class I used a AA S400-MPR-FT Barrel floated and brake removed. Weaver T-36 1/8 dot, 3" Jeff Madigan fore end block.
AA Diabolo Field 8.4 Washed no lube sorted by weight. 800-802 fps with H&N test pellets.

HV AA EV-2 3" Bench Block Custom adj stripper, AA 8.4 washed sorted and lubed.

Scott's front rest, Edgewood rear bag. Wicks flags (5) 1 Wind Probe, Bench Fan by Dave Shattuck.

Paul Bendix

HV Class
US Hunter BR. 22 cal, 13.43 grain AA(jsb) pellet, 19.63 ftlbs. Sightron 36x scope. Mac1 Benchmark Barrel.Muzzle brake.

Kevin Kunkle

Gees Paul, was I supposed to mention the fans too? Okay, I used 2, and they didn't do a whole lot other than for adding their "white-noise" background to all the heat and humidity! But, I'm glad they did enough to be worthy of mention for you.

Dave

I shot USFT #6 in the HV class. It has a 26" .177 LW barrel with a 26" unregulated air tube. Fill pressure was 1350psi shot down to 1,100psi. I shot CPH 10.5 die #2. I weighed em, after LD had lubed them with "Krytec" bike chain wax. My scope for HV and LV was a Weaver 36x with fine crosshairs. I used an "American Eagle" front rest and Edgewood gator rear bag. I used 3 of the Graham ball/flat top wind flags, two Graham uppy/downy, and two of Marvin Reynold's unique flag/velocity gauges.... I also hung surveyor tape from the edge of the roof overhanging the benches. (great flags all, but my lack of reading ability was the fault).

My Light Varmint set up was LD prepped, USFT #53 with a 19" .177cal HW barrel and 20" unregulated air tube. I shot weighed, but un-lubed 7.9 gr JSB Express. Again, the scope was a Weaver 36X. Fill pressure was 1050psi shot down to 750psi.

Thanks to all for a really great match!

Wayne Burns,
"B" team USA

Back