Timney Ar trigger or Wilson TTU

M

mainman

I am in the market to buy a new trigger for my AR. I have got it down to two, the timney and the Wilson ttu can anybody help me make up my mind?

Are you wanting a single stage or two stage and do you want it adjustable?

I'm looking for a single stage and non adjustable. Both the timney and Wilson fit that bill but I can't seem to choose between the two.

timmey of the two, but there are much better out there

I have 2 Colt AR's and put Timney triggers in both. I could not be happier with them. I have had Timney triggers in rifles for 45 years and they have always been the same..."great."

Gene

Has anyone used the Wilson TTU? I am leaning hard toward the timney what would you recommend other the timney or Wilson.

Take a look at a GEISSELE trigger they have several different models.
I like a two stage and use Milazzo Krieger in two of my Colts.

I have looked at the Geissele but was overwhelmed by all the different models. I will give them a call tomorrow and see if they can help clear up some of my confusion.

Been out of pocket. I have the SSA model.
The Geissele Super Semi-Automatic (SSA®) trigger is a semi-automatic-only version of Geissele Automatics’s Super Select-Fire trigger. The SSA is a non-adjustable combat trigger that performs like a match-grade two-stage trigger and allows precise and accurate trigger control. It is recommended for demanding applications such as Squad Designated Marksman (SDM) rifles, Law Enforcement use, and Close Quarters Battle (CQB) and mid-range carbine
I prefer a 2 stage on a semi automatic as I use it other than target shooting.
Butch

Thanks have you seen the Wilson ttu . Is really like to hear someone tell me what they think of it.

maybe you should take the silence to mean something....

Look at this on Midway USA.

Click to Zoom Geissele Super Semi Automatic Trigger AR-15 Small Pin .154" Two Stage With Shooter's HatProduct #: 856652 Geissele #: SSA w/Cap
4.85 stars Read Reviews (13) Write a Review

Will be shipped tomorrow
Dealer Price $199.99 $170.00 Save $29.99
Sale expires 12/31/2011Add Product to Wish List Quantity: Add to Cart OR Notify Me Notify Me of What?
Email this Page to a Friend | Print this Page

I have both a Timney and a JP in my rifles and either is good. The Timney is non adjustable @ 3# and works perfectly.

RWO

Great AR trigger

I just went thru this same project for 2 ARs. Have you tried american trigger's AR Gold? It says it's a two stage but it feels like a single stage with a little take up. It's the lightest I've found, 2.6 Lbs. for mine. I have a jard 1.5 Lb. single stage in one of my ARs and I'm about to throw it out. I can only get it down to 2.8 LBs to have it safe. Check into this trigger, you won't be disappointed. They will even give you 30 days to try it out and if you don't like it for ANY reason they will buy it back at full price. Who else does that....

Back