Time Precision actions

TAJ45

I'm in the process of gearing up for BR competition in both CF and RF......(I must be crazy) and am looking for good info on the different actions available. Don't seem to see/hear about too many of them on the CF BR line. Are they a good action or flawed? or ?? It seems I've heard more about them on the RF side of shooting. Any feedback here?? TIA

Orrrr, what would you recommend?

I've seen some really really good shootin' rimfire rifles based on a Time action. Don't think I have ever encountered one on a centerfire firing line.

I'm in the process of gearing up for BR competition in both CF and RF......(I must be crazy) and am looking for good info on the different actions available. Don't seem to see/hear about too many of them on the CF BR line. Are they a good action or flawed? or ?? It seems I've heard more about them on the RF side of shooting. Any feedback here?? TIA

Orrrr, what would you recommend?

I believe Time Precision dabbled in CF actions a while back. Never were a contender for big numbers as I can see. They build GREAT RF actions though.

I would lean toward a Kelbly, a Borden, a BAT, or a Stiller for a CF action, when buying new. But as a NEWBY, I would strongly you buy a complete used rifle, LV for group, in 6PPC, and get more bang for your buck. You will have to put a new barrel on relatively soon, but that is pretty cheap starting, rather than laying out the big bucks for a new build; $1500-$2000 VS $3500+ for a new build.

If you want to discuss this further, give me a call at 515-556-5833. I may have a few ideas for you that will get you up and running quick.

David

I would lean toward a Kelbly, a Borden, a BAT, or a Stiller for a CF action, when buying new. But as a NEWBY, I would strongly you buy a complete used rifle, LV for group, in 6PPC, and get more bang for your buck. You will have to put a new barrel on relatively soon, but that is pretty cheap starting, rather than laying out the big bucks for a new build; $1500-$2000 VS $3500+ for a new build.

Short and to the point.... Very true and recommended... IF... You stumble on a Time Precision actioned BR rifle... It very well could be a darn good deal and rather COMPETITIVE..!

Mine is for the same reasons, just about my GO TO.....

I think of the Hart actions when I use my "Time Gun" I know Tony B. like his TRUSTY Hart HV!... It's a Good'n Hu John D;) ..!

cale

Time Precision bought out the CPS line of actions from Walt Pereira sometime probably in the '90's. I have a CPS SHV action on a HV class rifle. It's always been one of my best shooting rifles. However, it's pretty hard to want to shoot it at the nationals when you've already been shooting the 10.5 pound rifle for a couple of days. I saw quite a few CPS actions shot at one time, but don't remember seeing any Time Precision actions being used. May have been more of them used in their area though than outside of it where I am.

Got a friend w/Time Precision in 22 PPC. This rifle shoots very well @ the private range, but has not been in any competion. However the previous owner, (Wayne Hill) did shoot it some in LV class. As I remember it was a "middle of the pack" gun w/Wayne shooting.
Time Precision bought out the CPS line of actions from Walt Pereira sometime probably in the '90's. I have a CPS SHV action on a HV class rifle. It's always been one of my best shooting rifles. However, it's pretty hard to want to shoot it at the nationals when you've already been shooting the 10.5 pound rifle for a couple of days. I saw quite a few CPS actions shot at one time, but don't remember seeing any Time Precision actions being used. May have been more of them used in their area though than outside of it where I am.

Back