Thurmont?

i ain't Bud but....

Jim Wooten, wielding "Ole Lightning" burned down Thurmont today posting a 250-19X which gives him 500-39X for the 100-200 yard segment. :eek:
Sidekick "Wigglin" Wayne Lewis was right in the thick of things as well.
The fun part starts tomorrow.......
17 500 scores were posted.

DA

Thank you, David.

Jim Wooten, wielding "Ole Lightning" burned down Thurmont today posting a 250-19X which gives him 500-39X for the 100-200 yard segment. :eek:
Sidekick "Wigglin" Wayne Lewis was right in the thick of things as well.
The fun part starts tomorrow.......
17 500 scores were posted.

DA

HOY!:eek: Congratulations, so far, Jim! :) RG

You Boys Done Us Proud !

Congratulations Jim for the good shooting.

Wayne and Mike did us proud also.

Have a safe trip home.

Bill Scheider

The Bud

Hal "Drop 'Em" Drake has done it again, winning the Bud in commanding fashion. The Hal almost shot a 750 but dropped his last shot for a 749 and a million X's.
Don't recall who won Hunter but Sara Harren won Varmint Hunter big time.:D

Many thanks to our sponsors for their generous contributions of mechandise:
BIB Bullets
10X Bullets
Rock Creek Barrels
Bartlien Barrels

Thanks for the update, David.

Hal "Drop 'Em" Drake has done it again, winning the Bud in commanding fashion. The Hal almost shot a 750 but dropped his last shot for a 749 and a million X's.
Don't recall who won Hunter but Sara Harren won Varmint Hunter big time.:D

Many thanks to our sponsors for their generous contributions of mechandise:
BIB Bullets
10X Bullets
Rock Creek Barrels
Bartlien Barrels

Though it appears that the winners were all shootin' "brand-x" bullets, Congratulations! :D Hal and Jim did some GREAT shootin'! :eek:RG

Thurmont

Congrats to all the winners great shooting, Doc hope the score stands for you!! Hal, Wayne, Doc, Sarah, Gary,Wayne, Mike, just a great bunch of people, if I missed anyone sorry-have safe trip home.

HUMBLE HENRY:):)

I shot next to Jim all weekend and he put on a show, especially Sat. at 200, he had his gun hammering and he was doing a job of driving it, his buddy and mine Wayne Lewis (AKA snake in the grass) wasn't doing bad either, but they both lied all weekend and said they 1 or 2 x's when they had 4 or 5 but that is part of the snake in the grass strategy. Good shooting by great guys, we had a ball all weekend ragging each other. My buddy Wayne France took some snake in the grass lessons and laid low until he got a chance to bite Hal when he stumbled and snatched away the 300 agg and 2nd in the grand. Sara really did a number on the vh gang and most everyone else when she shot a 50-3x at 300 with a 6x gun when most everyone on the relay was dropping points like rain,plus she put together a great meal for everyone Sat. night. It was a good match, Thanks to all that helped and good shooting guys and gals. Congrats to all that shot well, Steve

Just rolled in home..

Any word from the BUD?

after a long 700+ mile trip. The BUD was a super shoot...as usual. We got our first taste of summer weather, little if any rain and challenging shooting conditions, especially at 300. Congrats to all the winners, placers and showers and everyone who came and tried, the sponsors for the door prizes, and all the TCSC members and others that mowed, scored, cooked, ran the line and shaged targets all weekend. Great shoot! Tks --Greg

Though it appears that the winners were all shootin' "brand-x" bullets, Congratulations! :D Hal and Jim did some GREAT shootin'! :eek:RG

Not all the winners, Gary Long won the Hunter Grand with a 739-14x besting my friend Orland Bunker by 5 points and a couple x's, and he as usual was shooting BIB bullets.

Congratulations to all the winners. Especially proud of our little deep south contingent. I hope Jim's score holds up, he really works at doing it right. Missed being there, but just didn't feel that I could drive that distance alone.
BTW, that snake in the grass stuff is from Humble Henry's coaching don'tcha know!:D

Thurmont

Henry, I sure missed you and Joe at the Bud. I have at least 25 good jokes for you. Hope you all can make the 200-300 yd. Nationals. Sara's baked cheese grits were a hit again.

Joe, If that is from Henry's coaching, he can be proud, them boys have got that snake in the grass stuff down pat. I think I going to call Jim ( Big Snake) and Wayne ( Little Snake) in the grass from now on. They represented the south well. Missed seeing you and Henry. Steve

Just looked at the match schedule again and realized that both the Nationals bracket a family committment I have from Sept 4 through 13. So, doesn't look like either Nationals for me this year. Y'all work on Henry - he's shooting so well right now that he really needs to go to the big shoots. Henry is planning to go to the Nationals in Iowa as I understand it, and if it turns out that his wife can't go, I may still end up going with him.

Shame on me for not perusing the IBS Match Results page . . .

Not all the winners, Gary Long won the Hunter Grand with a 739-14x besting my friend Orland Bunker by 5 points and a couple x's, and he as usual was shooting BIB bullets.

Congratulations, Gary!:) Thanks for the awakening, Dick.RG

Congratulations

to all of the yardage winners 100yd Dean Breeden, 200yd Jim Wooten possible world record? and 300yds Wayne France. Thanks for using our barrels.
Also to Hal Drake for the Agg. win even though he was using the competitions barrel. :D

Paul Tolvstad
Rock Creek Barrels

Back