Thoughts on group size and other info

cundiff5535

Hey gang, I have been a member here for a little bit, but just enjoy reading and learning vs posting just to post! I am NOT a very experienced BR shooter, but I had quite a few shooters at my state range look in awe at one of the targets I shot last week (not sure what level they were on as far as shooters). I have also had a few relatives who have told me the group I shot is something to be proud of. I want to get thoughts from you all on if its a decent group or a true rare feat.

I took my BSA Martini MKII out to the range for the first time on Friday... This is the best 5 shot group I made... I misspoke on the tag as it was 100 meters (not yards).

7/24/2015
5 Shot group using Eley Target at 100 meters
Shot from my BSA Martini MKII

Thoughts feedback?!

Thanks,
B

Great group!!

Hey gang, I have been a member here for a little bit, but just enjoy reading and learning vs posting just to post! I am NOT a very experienced BR shooter, but I had quite a few shooters at my state range look in awe at one of the targets I shot last week (not sure what level they were on as far as shooters). I have also had a few relatives who have told me the group I shot is something to be proud of. I want to get thoughts from you all on if its a decent group or a true rare feat.

I took my BSA Martini MKII out to the range for the first time on Friday... This is the best 5 shot group I made... I misspoke on the tag as it was 100 meters (not yards).

7/24/2015
5 Shot group using Eley Target at 100 meters
Shot from my BSA Martini MKII

Thoughts feedback?!

Thanks,
B

I've been shooting Rimfire match rifle competition for nearly 50 years in one form or another and achieved some measure of success at times. I had one 10 shot group fired at 100 yards, not meters, that was right at .75", and that's the best I can ever remember. Your group although only 5 shots, is quite impressive and
I'd venture to say outstanding. I have a BSA Mark 5 that I have shot in schutzen type matches where they do have group matches in addition to score matches. If I'm not mistaken, the 100 yard record for a 5 shot group is .3--". I can't recall the exact measurement, but it's a good comparison to your group! You're in record territory my friend! Great shooting! Bill Schertz

NBRSA records from 10/17/2003

1- 5 shot 100 yrds group records

Custom 0.190 Dodgen, light custom 0.225 Addison, Sporter 0.252 Whitener

These are now forever since NBRSA stopped rimfire.

Back