The Rolls Royce of engravers

Butch is right for a non cnc engraver they don't get much better. My gk-21 came with 6 sets of font and is super clean, paid about $100 less then that one is listed for, on an online auction.

I have a Gorton, another well made machine. Paid $300 at a an auction and it came with a lot of letters and various cutters etc. Mine was basically un-used, and still is.

A fella I know, Al Siegrist, has a Gorton. He bought his engraver cheap as well. After looking at some of the barrels he's engraved. The ones with the Winchester logo look the best.

Last edited:
I've got a Gorton that I've been thinking about selling. It's a P1-2 if I recall correctly, and has had very little use. What would be a fair price for one of these with six or seven boxes of fonts???

I've got a Gorton that I've been thinking about selling. It's a P1-2 if I recall correctly, and has had very little use. What would be a fair price for one of these with six or seven boxes of fonts???

Hal, I have bought and sold one gorton p1-2 and one famco p1-2, in the last couple of years. Both to good friends of mine that do gun work. They also do very nice barrel engraving.
As far as a fair price that kinda depends on your local market, but a fair price is in the area of $500 with one set of font. Many of the sets that come with a machine may not be desirable for gun work and could fetch a good penny on flea-bay. I think I bought and sold those 2 machines right at that price. E-bay store probably has the same p1-2 that were there 2 years ago for much more but no one is willing to pay too much for these machines.

Find the right guy and you could garner a little more.

If you decide to sell that drop me a PM. I've been looking for a good reason to go to Virginia.

Back