The New SEB Rest

A

andyd1179

Hya Guys,

We have an exclusive video on the brand new SEB rest for you to see on our website plus the latest addition of the magazine for you to view.

www.targetshooter.co.uk

AndyD

Hya Guys,

If you have seen the video we would like to know your thoughts on the new rest so that we can pass them onto the manufacturer.

AndyD

It looks VERY well thought out. I've been shooting off an original Seb for about 4 years, and like it. But, as is pointed out in the video, the tension adjustment is a bit of a pain. Depending on price and availability, I would be interested in one.

Last edited:
It looks VERY well thought out. I've been shooting off an original Sebfor about 4 years, and like it. But, as is pointed out in the video, the tension adjustment is a bit of a pain. Depending on price and availability, I would be interested in one.

Hi Hal,
I know what you mean it takes sometime to just get the tension right i spent a couple of days just getting it smooth, but as Vince says in the video the new SEB has an all new tension setup to make it better, what do you think of the way it packs up?

andyD

That's a nice touch. Most all the BR type rests are bulky to say the least, but this one looks to store away much easier.

Hi Hal,
It only took Vince about 2-3 minutes to put together and is a fantastic feature of the rest, buty the whole thinghas been orked realy well. We are passing on your comments to Sebastian seem keep them comig guys.

AndyD

Thanks, gentlemen.

Q: How many of you here that use more than 5" wide stock?
Q: Then how many of you here that are willing to use a coaxial rest for your heavy gun?....(assuming that my coaxial rest would work even for 100 lbs or so gun).

Just to gather input/data, because the new rest top (the prototypes) can only accept 5" stock maximum, or even a bit less.
I have to determine if my new rest would be as "one rest fits all", or leave it "as is" now.

Another question: Do your rest still have/needs side tension plates?

Thanks,
seb.

Seb
None of my heavyguns have a stock with less than 6 inch forends on them.The Shehane Maxi-Trackers are popular and they are 8 inches wide.The co-axial feature would be a nice feature as you could make both adjustments with one quick move but alot of guys run there shots downrange real fast and they want the top rock steady.If your feeding your ammo with your left hand and pulling the trigger with your right hand very quickly the rest would be best locked up so it has no chance of movement.

On the side tension plates I don't like them myself but alot of guys do.If they are not pinned at the base like on the Bald Eagle type rests they are a complete waste of time as they fall out.I just bought another Bald Eagle top at sundays match and I already pinned the side tension plates into it in less than a week.

The 50 BMG competition heavyguns are limited to a 5 inch forend.When you get your rest ready to sell let me know and I'll post it for you on there website as you need to be a member to post.
Lynn aka Waterboy

HG coax

Seb, I would definitely use your coax for my hg if it worked for my 6" forend 42lB HGs. I would have bought you rest instead of the farley compact top that I'm using for my LG if it would have worked for both. Don't get me wrong my farley is an awesome top after I fitted my old fixed LG top and installed a longer dog-leg joystick. I think a lot of guys would use your coax if they could put both forends on it, I would... Like Lynn I am a fan of side tension plates as long as they're pinned at the bottom. I built my tops and hg rear rest with pinned side tension plates. Hope you start building a HG rest like the new model, very sharp!

Nate

Hi Lynn & Nate,

Q: Can you tell me what is "with pinned side tension plates"?... maybe by photo?

Q: What is the maximum forearm's width in 1000yds competition?... 8"?...or unlimited?

Thanks,
seb.

Seb,
For both light and heavy gun in Long range the forearm width is unlimited.
For some reason most LG's have a 3" forearm, maybe some just don't know the rule. In F-class I believe it is limited to 3" wide.

James

Seb
On a rest like the Sinclair the side plates have a roll pin to retain the side plates.It does two things.It keeps the side plates from falling out and it acts like a hinge.
On the Bald Eagle type rests there is nothing at all holding the side plates to the windage top and you can simply lift them out with your fingers.If you pick the rest up by one of the legs and carry it to your truck the side plates will fall out if you don't use two hands.
Its a very quick fix to add the roill pins but its very frustrating until you do.

In NBRSA lightgun and heavygun there are no forend restrictions but most shooters don't go wider than 8 inches.

Does your adjustable width top use two "L" shaped bags?
Lynn aka Waterboy

Last edited:
Lynn

On the side tension plates I don't like them myself but alot of guys do.If they are not pinned at the base like on the Bald Eagle type rests they are a complete waste of time as they fall out.I just bought another Bald Eagle top at sundays match and I already pinned the side tension plates into it in less than a week.

just to inform you, but you probably know this allready the side plates on the original SEB rest are pinned.

Calvin

Seb
I watched the first video but didn't see the other two videos done by Paul.It looks very good.
Who is selling them over here? and are they available now?
Lynn aka Waterboy

Alinwa
I was thinking about getting one for my father.He turns the arthritis knobs on my Bald Eagle or the wrong "T" handle on his Sinclair and the top drops like a rock which can't be good for his scope.He never seems to get his rests elevation centered so he is always running out of adjustment.Once that happens it is amazing what he does to keep on shooting.
I figure I could get him close and with 43 MOA of elevation built in he would stand a better chance of not having any problems.
It took about 5 of us almost 2 years to get him to twist his turrets.
He is a little set in his ways at 75 years old but he did get a decent buck at 1053 yards.
Lynn aka Waterboy

Alinwa
I was thinking about getting one for my father.He turns the arthritis knobs on my Bald Eagle or the wrong "T" handle on his Sinclair and the top drops like a rock which can't be good for his scope.He never seems to get his rests elevation centered so he is always running out of adjustment.Once that happens it is amazing what he does to keep on shooting.
I figure I could get him close and with 43 MOA of elevation built in he would stand a better chance of not having any problems.
It took about 5 of us almost 2 years to get him to twist his turrets.
He is a little set in his ways at 75 years old but he did get a decent buck at 1053 yards.
Lynn aka Waterboy

Hey, I've got two Farleys....... I'm a convert myownself, and if Sebastian can make one to support my Heavy gun then I'm probably in for one of them too! ;)

Alinwa & Lynn,

I will "concentrate" on the Neo and my regular rest only at this moment.
Anyway, you make me anxious to built one/a model for your HG.
After contemplating this for a while, here the deal (see bellow)...
You can take it, or refuse it...no problem.

Specify me here with anything you want to be for your "dream HG front rest"... such as the configuration, you would like to use it in reverse motion or normal motion, approx footprint, weight, min/max height, m.o.a adjustment, length of the joystick, how many lbs weight you would like to put on the rest top, width of the rest top/front bag, etc etc...
Then I will think and "adjust" your requirements into a one unit rest, your "dream rest".
I like new things, & challenge :D
However with one condition: it must be a coaxial rest, as I have no interest to make a fix/conventional rest, or un-completed rest.
I have found that, to support 50 lbs or so gun is not difficult, even for 100 lbs gun if you wish. I have a new tension spring & counter balance system for that. I have done it also before this. (read about the "Fist of God" in PS mag. It's "only" by my regular rest and a counter balance, no more).
Specs me to the wildest of your dream... perhaps with some drawings/sketches as my English is not well....perhaps photo of your rifle, for my reference.
If everything is clear, I will probably make one for you each.
I just would like to proof that a coaxial rest can be used for extra/super heavy gun - as well, or maybe better, than a fix/conventional rest....this mainly because you'd have much faster time to compensate for the wind changes etc.

You might be worry about the price? It depends on your specs, but it should be no more than $1,000. I think I would only need to upgrade/modify the Neo a bit.

seb.

Back