The new Anschutz 22 MAX

Take a look at this new product from Anschutz. It represents out of the box thinking.

Would really like to hear everyone's thoughts on this new design.

TKH
Interesting to see their barrel block and polymer ball used to tune the rifle, without the heavy tuner on the end of the barrel. Seems like it mimics the mid-barrel tuner in ARA, but without the tuner. I wonder if you can tune a barrel with only a mid-barrel tuner in ARA successfully? More than one way to skin a cat I guess...

That bolt/spring/pin is wild.
I’d suspect that sight extension incorporates a tuning function as well.

I’m not a Rimfire BR guy, but I shoot a lot of Rimfire BR cards. I don’t think a gun that shoots a 1/2” ctc group is anything to shout about, is it?

Can’t imagine that would get anyone too far on a ARA card.

Am I wrong in thinking that?

Mike

Interesting to see their barrel block and polymer ball used to tune the rifle, without the heavy tuner on the end of the barrel. Seems like it mimics the mid-barrel tuner in ARA, but without the tuner. I wonder if you can tune a barrel with only a mid-barrel tuner in ARA successfully? More than one way to skin a cat I guess...
I think it's more like a throwback to the barrel channel pads of cork or elastomer since it rides in the barrel channel of the chassis. My 1930's Dubiel build on a Springfield Model 1922 MI had a cork pad under the barrel at the front of the forearm, and the practice was still around when my 1970's Tanner was built with a blue elastomer pad in the same type of location. Of course the ability to move the block/ball along the channel provides a more variable tuning function than the fixed position pads. It will be interesting to see if the 22 Max arrives with an "Anschutz Prescription" or a specified method for determining the optimal position of the device... or will the Anschutz engineers leave the exploration of their new rabbit hole entirely to the shooter?!

Back