The IBS Scoring Reticle

Pete, I think now that the RECORDS COMMITTEE is scoring targets, results will be quite fair.

Scoring of record targets in IBS has always been very fair, and to say or infer anything else is Ludicrous and insults a number of good hard working people who gave many dedicated hours of service to IBS for no pay or reward of any kind. People who think that previous members of the Score committee had their own agendas and played favors just have no realistic idea of how this organization works or the character of people that were involved.
Dick Grosbier

Wayne, your implication is astounding!!! Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but to suggest that the years of hard work and dedication by the score committee was flawed is utterly amazing! --Greg

Pete, I think now that the RECORDS COMMITTEE is scoring targets, results will be quite fair.

Last edited:
Right on Dick!! --Greg

Scoring of record targets in IBS has always been very fair, and to say or infer anything else is Ludicrous and insults a number of good hard working people who gave many dedicated hours of service to IBS for no pay or reward of any kind. People who think that previous members of the Score committee had their own agendas and played favors just have no realistic idea of how this organization works or the character of people that were involved.
Dick Grosbier

It probably won't be a surprise to hear me say that I don't agree. The reason I say this is there is no training that goes with the reticule and we expect everyone to be referees and to make judgments correctly on targets. Having Reffed a number of targets over the years the reticule has been in use, I have seen folks be flat wrong about what they thought they saw. To me, this is no way to proceed with something as important as scoring. Are we saying that we are willing to accept people being wrong about scoring simply because they haven't been trained in the use of the reticule?

Now I know I am going to hear a bunch of people say that using the reticule is as easy as breathing but I believe that to be wrong. At a minimum there should be simple instructions handed to Reffs before they begin to use the Reticule. It's use is not intuative.

You may be right, I know we have used reticule's for years up here. In actual fact I threw my plugs away. I agree with you the 6 to 12 thingy, but in practice I have never noticed it. The one thing that you must use is a magnifing glass. The one that is on our reticules is good but I have a big lighted one that I use and will be using at the score Nationals

Dick Grosbier

There was no inference in what I wrote, period. The members of the Records Committee are hand picked and have proven their ability to accurately measure/score a target. Until recently, the score committee was the only discipline that scored their own targets, with a belief only a score shooter could score a score target. All other disciplines went through the Records Committee.

Back