The duke of earl roadshow

I hear Jerry Graves has a new Davis 40X...
Now,I'm thinking back the last time he ran into Team Calfee's crew .....his old
Davis smithed rifle put a whoop on that team. Not just one member...the
whole team...they did have nice new Calfee golf shirts.
:) remenber ?

Hey Larry I was just lucky maybe you need to get your 40x going and go see them ol'boy's their TUFF! Jerry

40x

JLG
Just saw what I saw.....I know about your luck. I have watched it for about 5 years now. Some make their own "luck".

and
I do wish all you guys luck,you are really putting ARA on the map.
We need breakfast as we can work it in.:)

Shoot Walnut Hill Range in 2009

The Duke

I use only the finest Egytian cotton patches and Wolfgang Füzion Estate Wax in the bore of "The Duke". That will hold the guilt edge in the barrel , and I dont know how long because I've never worn one out.

Mr. Young, would you be so kind as to tell us "Duke groupies" the vital stats of our idol. We carve information about our star.

You have told us what you use to clean the Duke, but we need more. How often do you clean, and do you ever use a brush or liquids?

How long is the Duke's barrel?

How thick?

What is the bore size?

What is the groove size.

How deep is the chamber? When you load a round, how far does the rifling engrave the bullet?

How much does the Duke weigh?

What is the procedure for operating the relaxing trigger?

Does the Duke shoot anything or does he only like a certain speed of ammo?

Come on Mr. Young tell us about our idol!!

Keith 23

All of the above questions, require a top secret cryptographic security clearance , on a need to know basis. I did have that level at one time when employed by the government but no longer. The only one who knows that info is, The Man, Bill Calfee, and since I only put in bullets and pull the trigger , I have no need to know the details. I hope this helps. Oh , I can say this much, I clean it after every target, with the items already mentioned in a previous post.

Mr. Young

I understand your reluctance in providing all the details. But, thank you for sharing the waxing the bore with a paste wax. Never heard of that Wolfgang Fuzion stuff before but I do know where to get some Johnsons.

Let me dare ask Mr. Calfee.

Sir, I believe in a post to Mr. Beggs you stated something to the effect that building killer accurate, match winning, record setting, rimfire rifles was 95% mechanical and 5% art.

I think, many, if not most would agree. Lord knows we need more artist. That being the case, why would the mechanical specs of this super rifle be secret? I for one, would be happy with the mechanical 95%.

Craig

All of the above questions, require a top secret cryptographic security clearance , on a need to know basis. I did have that level at one time when employed by the government but no longer. The only one who knows that info is, The Man, Bill Calfee, and since I only put in bullets and pull the trigger , I have no need to know the details. I hope this helps. Oh , I can say this much, I clean it after every target, with the items already mentioned in a previous post.

Craig, you pay $8000.00 for a rifle and all Bill tells you is its name and what ammo it likes?

railfy

and he sings the duke of earl all the way to the bank all the while hes speeding.

Guys,

There is plenty said on this forum about what Kathy uses at the moment. So if you really want to know the details of the Duke you just need to pay a bit more attention. I’m a long way from the action and I’ve worked most of it out and the only question I’d have is with the relaxed trigger, do you press the button before or after you close the bolt.

I will say from my own experience with Calfee Spec rifles, when the muzzle is stopped they are not very fussy about ammo. In Italy I just bought 3 boxes of Tenex from the shop at the range and the rest is history.

If I had a Calfee Spec rifle I’d call it Rumour, if anyone asked me about it I’d just say its a rumour and tell them nothing else. Not knowing the facts would drive some crazy and like Craig I’d enjoy that.

Peter

Ken

I’m saying there are those who need to know all the details of a Calfee Spec rifle and the fact that no one is telling them is driving them crazy and Craig is just sitting back and having a good laugh, I know in his position I would.

Peter

Turbo, Jewell (not Calfee manual re-set trigger), McMillan, Shilen. Basic Calfee Spec gun materials. Nothing more, nothing less. The old Turbo at the least. Just great ammo! Check it out on the ARA website for the indoor nationals equipment list. If a guy can't remember what equipment he entered at the indoor nationals then there must be some lying going on or just simple deceit.:D

Carp

Last edited by a moderator:
Carp
I don't know who you are, but if you have something to say, just spit it on out

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken

I’m saying there are those who need to know all the details of a Calfee Spec rifle and the fact that no one is telling them is driving them crazy and Craig is just sitting back and having a good laugh, I know in his position I would.

Peter

Ahh Peter, so, you're much like Craig. Confirms what I always figured, you Aussies are about a half a bubble off plumb!:D:p:D

Ken

Ken
Craig did say a couple of time times that I’d fit into the rimfire BR scene in the US, seems there are a lot strange people over there and I’d just blend right in. Are you one of the strange people he was talking about??????

Peter

Danny,
You probably don't know me. Not all my fault. I've been at the ARA Nats for the last two years. I talk to anyone who approaches me and is friendly and I talk to anyone who I cross in my path when I'm able to at the Nats. Otherwise I know for a fact that our paths do not cross for regular matches. It is an issue of geography otherwise I would have introduced myself. If you read my post, that seems to raise your hackles for no apparent reason for yourself, it pertains to the question of the relaxing trigger. It was not listed as equipment at the ARA Indoor Nats. Otherwise what I said was just what I said. He was either using a Calfee Relaxed Trigger or a brand new Jewell Relaxed trigger or a simple Jewell trigger. I am sure that you know since it is not your gun but you won the ARA Indoor Nats. Otherwise You would want to know because you don't know the cryptographic security clearance with a need to know basis that apparently Craig has or had, when he worked for the government of who knows where. You know that you are just a used car salesman like that character from "No Lies". You either have it or you don't and you don't tell anyone that you once did. Simple human psychology. Simple. I just find it funny that you start this post and question any questions and it is not YOUR gun. Otherwise I'm fine with it. I just call 'em as I see 'em. Otherwise I still, I mean still offer my encouragement of your participation at the RBA Indoor Nats. I just hope you didn't promise something that will not be followed through upon.....250-25X. Especially since it isn't your gun. Otherwise it's like an old friend of mine that used to start the fights and run like heck just as the fists were flying. But that was a long time ago. Otherwise I will be very, very congratulatory for a 250-25X or 250-25X's that the "Duke of Earl" may or may not shoot at the RBA Indoor Nats. Are you going to shoot your Calfee Anschutz?

Carp

Back