The Catfish - USMC gives some lessons

D

Doug

At the Meters portion of the “Catfish” held at the Macon County Gun Club in Montezuma today Phil Deese taught everyone a lesson in patience. He sat in the Honey Hole and waited for his wind flags to tell him to pull the trigger and it paid off.!
He shot back to back 249 14 X’s while everyone suffered then shot a 250 16X in the 13 ½ for a new IR50/50 3 Gun Meters record of 748 48X’s
Some Great Shooting Phil.
And to just give you an Idea how well Phil did - Bob Collins pulled 2nd place in the 3 Gun with a 737 – folks that 11 point difference should give you an Idea how well Phil really did!

As Paul would say That's the Rest of the Story

Honey Hole Phil

Congratulations!
Even those around you could not shoot that wind – what a Great Day you had. Most would have to know and shoot with you to know about the comment - Honey Hole – you are there, but you can prove it.
Bob Collins

Great shootin' Phil!

You were in a class of your own today. Congratulations on a dominating win; and Congrat's to Doug for being the only one who was able to prevent a sweep.

Atta Boy, Phil
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_9248.jpg
    IMG_9248.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 246
Congratulations

Phil
249-14-X Sporter Class
249-14-X 10.5 Class
250-16-X 13.5 Class

Winning by 11 points in Tuff conditions ( Speechless )

Last edited:
Great shooting

Congrats ,on some fine shootin. How much will it cost to find out what the seceret condition was. Great to see everyone again. Again way to go. David K

Congratulations Phil! Great shooting! Glad to see you do well. You must ahve tightened that barrel up since I saw you last time in NC;)
Well done. Congrats to all the other winners as well.

Phil

Congrat's, that's some mighty fine shooting! I guess we need to nickname you the "Honey Hole Kid" from Americus, Ga. See ya at the Nat's!:p

Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No post from Beau.....no post from Bill, and none from Eley, well I guess I'll thank Ol' Number 51 and Ol' Number 33, some GREAT Club Extra Ammo that I have never shot in a match before {secret lot number} and a great God given 5 O' clock wind that even a dummy like me could shoot!! Just Kidding!!!! Thanks for all of the nice comments.........it's really guys like you that make this sport worthwhile....we all know the winnings doesn't pay very many bills!!
I had a great weekend....not just because I won, but because I got to see a lot of great friends again....and meet some new ones, and talk about some shooting and politics. {Not necessarily in that order}. Well, time to go back to work!!

Semper Fi

Great shooting Phil. Everybody says you shoot in the "Honey Hole" but I know that's not true. You've beat us with you back up guns and Trainer ammo and that says the you have a special talent; you've given me encouragement and others. It takes a real man to do that; it also takes a special man to get the honors you achieved in our Marine Corp. Keep up your skills and professonality.
It has been a pleasure shooting with you over the years

Way to go phil,Its been awhile since we have shot together,But I still remeber all that you have taught me.Some time some place somewhere You will be seeing me at the bench again,:D Until than you keep up the good work.
Jeff

Congratulations Phil. Patience is a virtue, it's nice when your condition returns with some regularity. See you next month.

Ken

Great shooting Mr. Deese.

Semper fi
Hope to meet you one of these days.

MGySgt USMC Ret.
pickles

Back