The Bill Calfee I knew (part 3 cont.) 2

tonykharper

Bill Calfee built many more rifles and pistols than shown here. He once told me he had built twice as many SAP action guns as he did PAS action guns.

These pics will bring back memories for many. When we lost Bill we lost a lot.

I'll get back to my story in Part 4. If you are still reading, I warn you there is more to come.

Please feel free to add comments. I'm sure I'm making some mistake in writing this, I'm doing it from memory. I do not mind being corrected.

TKH

Attachments

• King Kong - 4.jpg
    King Kong - 4.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Mr Haney's XP-100 - 2021 Triple Crown.jpeg
    Mr Haney's XP-100 - 2021 Triple Crown.jpeg
    701.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Riding with the King 1.jpg
    Riding with the King 1.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 35
  • General Lee - Falcon Pippin.jpg
    General Lee - Falcon Pippin.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Paladin in black.jpg
    Paladin in black.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 35
  • True Grit - Left Side.jpg
    True Grit - Left Side.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 35
  • XP Pistol A.jpg
    XP Pistol A.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Absolutely great stuff. The stories and the Rifles and the history of the win’s.
Tony have you ever considered writing a book? I have definitely enjoyed the reading so far. I know you may not want to give everything up but a technical drift into the ammo of the time and how it was selected, how many matches won with it. Stuff like that is really interesting and possibly informative at the same time.

Tony, great post with all the pictures of some really famous rifles built by a really famous Schmidt. But one was left out, and I think next to his pistols, this was one was his favorites.

LBK
IMG_1506.jpeg

Last edited:
Tony, I enjoy the posts, and Mr Calfee deserves the honor and respect! I always enjoyed chatting with him when I got the chance. He knew how to make lead bullet guns work very well, and not many folks do.

Back