The 30BR For Group Frenzy Has Started

crb

Ray Brooks
At River Bend's club group match we had a guy drive all the way from Alabama to shoot his 30BR. He musta read about how the 30BR is the latest thing for group and got hisself a 30 and drove all the way to north GA to claim his share of the glory. The only thing is somebody forgot to tell him that there is a bit more required to win a match than just a gun and some ammo. Joker must not even have a rest and rear bag yet !!!! Heck, he didn't even have a cleaning rod or guide :eek:

I was trying to stay as far away from this loose cannon as I could but unfortunately he ended up over in River Bend's Hell Hole with the other poor souls. Then he had the audacity to make comments on my shooting. Things like "I didn't see that in the flags" or "You screwed that one up". Great guy:rolleyes:

So if you see the name Braidy Night on the sign up sheet WATCH OUT. :D

I wonder why there was no "Hooplah" like this when, in 2005, Dean Breeden won the IBS 200-300 Nationals HV grang agg and Harley Baker finished 2nd. Both shooting 30BRs.

(I wonder why there was no "Hooplah" like this when, in 2005, Dean Breeden won the IBS 200-300 Nationals HV grang agg and Harley Baker finished 2nd. Both shooting 30BRs.)

Because we dont like those guys as much as we like Jackie!! LOL!!! Lee

Ray ...

At River Bend's club group match we had a guy drive all the way from Alabama to shoot his 30BR. He musta read about how the 30BR is the latest thing for group and got hisself a 30 and drove all the way to north GA to claim his share of the glory. The only thing is somebody forgot to tell him that there is a bit more required to win a match than just a gun and some ammo. Joker must not even have a rest and rear bag yet !!!! Heck, he didn't even have a cleaning rod or guide :eek:

I was trying to stay as far away from this loose cannon as I could but unfortunately he ended up over in River Bend's Hell Hole with the other poor souls. Then he had the audacity to make comments on my shooting. Things like "I didn't see that in the flags" or "You screwed that one up". Great guy:rolleyes:

So if you see the name Braidy Night on the sign up sheet WATCH OUT. :D

Is this the gentleman: http://benchrest.com/knight/? Billy Stevens recommended him to me for his superb 30 caliber projectiles. :)

Imho

Maybe it was the fact that Jackies record 5-5-100 agg ".1118" was the smallest agg ever recorded in formal competition regardless of class.

Some said the 30 could not hang with the 6 at 200. The next day Jackie bested all the 6's at 200yds and won the 2 Gun going away.

Maybe it was the fact that he set the record with a 30BR. :)

The previous record (.1399) held by Rex Reneau stood for 28 years.The UL record is 1283
held by Steve Kostanich.

I think Lees comment about Jackies is spot on. "The record thread has garnered 8,500+ hits and counting is a testamony to his popularity. This is partly due to Jackies willingness to share information with all of the Benchrest community.

I as others would like to here more on the early pioneers of the 30BR revolution. So if anyone would like to contribute feel free to do so. :)

Last edited:
30cal Boolits!!!

Brady don't make them boolits, his wife does !!!

My good buddy Nick Marino has had tremendous success with Brady's 30cal projectiles scoring two 250-24x counts in the last two 100yrd matches hes competed in. :)

Well, not claiming to be an early pioneer, but began shooting it 10-11 years ago in IBS score here in Maine. It was phenomenally accurate then and still is IF one finds the right powder, bullet, seating depth combo. I have done ok with it and am happy to see many of the score shooting naysayers have migrated to it or some variation of it. It simply, without doubt, gets the job done, if the shooter gets his job done! --Greg

Maybe it was the fact that Jackies record 5-5-100 agg ".1118" was the smallest agg ever recorded in formal competition regardless of class.

Some said the 30 could not hang with the 6 at 200. The next day Jackie bested all the 6's at 200yds and won the 2 Gun going away.

Maybe it was the fact that he set the record with a 30BR. :)

The previous record (.1399) held by Rex Reneau stood for 28 years.The UL record is 1283
held by Steve Kostanich.

I think Lees comment about Jackies is spot on. "The record thread has garnered 8,500+ hits and counting is a testamony to his popularity. This is partly due to Jackies willingness to share information with all of the Benchrest community.

I as others would like to here more on the early pioneers of the 30BR revolution. So if anyone would like to contribute feel free to do so. :)

Back