The 1st Test Bullets - Gulf Coast Regionals 6/29-30/2013

B

Bob Collins

The Gulf Coast Regional will be held June 29th and 30th, Friday the 28th will be a practice day.
I asked and Lapua has agreed to sponsor over 6 matches this year. The first will be the Gulf Coast Regional followed by Genes Rimfire Range in Alabama, Palmetto Gun Club in Summerville, SC, and Woodlawn Invitational in Woodlawn, IL The dates are not firm at all locations yet. Lapua has agreed to give each shooter two boxes of Midas+ (their choice of speed) and if they shoot the match using Lapua and win they will receive two bricks of Midas + of their Lot choice.
At the Gulf Coast Regional there will be two winners, one for 3 Gun and one for Unlimited, so someone could win 4 bricks of their choice, plus $200.00. If the shooter goes on to the IR 50/50 Nationals or ARA Nationals shooting Lapua and are ranked in the top 10 of Lapua shooters – the highest ranking Lapua shooter will receive a case of Midas+ of their choice.
As an additional incentive Anderson Dental Labs is giving away $100.00 at the end of the Gulf Coast Regional 3Gun and Unlimited matches. This will be by a bench number drawing at the end of each day.

Bob Collins

Bob Collins,
Are we to understand that Lapua has come out with a new bullet profile for Midas + and will now be printing the average speed "per lot" on the boxes as does Eley, for Match and Tenex?

The Lapua sponsored matches appear to be an excellent way to promote competition between the two major .22LR target ammunition manufacturers. John

Gulf Coast Regionals

Sounds like a good time. It's gonna be tough to beat Mike Cameron the way he's been shootin'. Maybe I'll get lucky in the bench drawing and win some gas money! :) See y'all Saturday. S. Ga. Boy

Georgia Shoot

Sounds like a great shoot. Can I get a 1 point or one X advantage over Mike or Emery?

Bob,

Sounds good! I only wish I lived 6 or 800 miles closer as I'd love to be there. I'd especially love to try some of that new Midas + at one of the upcoming State shoots up here and will definitely be ordering some soon as I'm a longtime proponent of Lapua from way back when, you know, back when it was called "Dominator" in the mid '90's. Won a whole bunch of matches shooting that stuff and was sad to see it go, and then again when the "old" Midas changed its colors I ended up with plus or minus a case of not-so-much. But, that's always been part of the game we play. Buy it, try it, throw it away.

Good luck, shoot straight and have lots of fun.

A voice from the past,

Dave Shattuck

Brother dave

Bob,

Sounds good! I only wish I lived 6 or 800 miles closer as I'd love to be there. I'd especially love to try some of that new Midas + at one of the upcoming State shoots up here and will definitely be ordering some soon as I'm a longtime proponent of Lapua from way back when, you know, back when it was called "Dominator" in the mid '90's. Won a whole bunch of matches shooting that stuff and was sad to see it go, and then again when the "old" Midas changed its colors I ended up with plus or minus a case of not-so-much. But, that's always been part of the game we play. Buy it, try it, throw it away.

Good luck, shoot straight and have lots of fun.

A voice from the past,

Dave Shattuck

Dave, anytime you want to head south to shoot you are welcome to take a "delay in route" here in Va. I'll see that you are well fed and rested. You can set on the back porch and watch deer, Fox, maybe coyote. I can't promise bear like you have but... I have some scat I can't identify.... I've taken some time off from rimfire benchrest but haven't sold anything and haven't quit, just doing some other shooting. Come on down !!!

Gulf Coasr Regionals

It was a great match; well run and with good food. Rod Collins did the scoring faster than we could shoot and had one protest. Some trickiy winds but the good shooters showed how to beat that. Many thanks to Lapua for the ammo. I shot random Midas M and it shot as good as high grade (my barrel likes it) Black Box and could not tell the difference. I won't go into velocity although you can tell that from the number on the box. It's quite simple, however I'll wait Lapua release that information. Two of the 3 new shooters shot the ammo in borrowed rifles- a 250 and a 248. Thanks to Lapua for the ammo and to Mike Cameron for the $100 donation and their support and promotion of this game (best steak I ever had Mike). I didn't mind the trouncing I got but learned a valuable lesson which may help some. If you have a Tucker conversion Leupold, unlock the screw before making a change, but close the screw only till it touches. When I first shot it (223), it went from the black to the box because I made it finger tight.
Good Shooting
Bob Pekaar

Glynn and Don,

If the day ever does come when I feel up to making another long trip, I may take both of you up on your invitations as I'd love to spend more time with you both sharing some of the good ol' days memories. But, the truth is, I'm afraid my traveling days may be pretty much over. I went to a 2 day airgun shoot this past weekend, and even with it only being 140 miles each way, the trip pretty much wiped me out. Go figure. Twenty years ago I'd have done a trip like that just to see what was there, then turn right around and driven back home again all in the same day. But now, not so much. And we're taking about only 3+ hours of driving each way?

Thanks for the offers, and we'll see what happens down the road cause I'd love to sit for awhile with you both, watching the deer, fox and coyotes, plus sharing a story or two about the things we've done, and the roads we'd like to travel in the future. We'll see.

Until then,

Dave

Back