Thanks Jim Borden, Francis Becigneul

Redrock

Steve Grosvenor
30br,brx.jpg

Rimrock1.jpg

Picture 064.jpg\

Would Like to Thank Francis for putting on the Benchrest School last year as at the school, I received a gift certificate from Jim Borden towards a Rimrock BR action at a discounted price, Stan Ware at SGR custom Rifles in Westbrook MN put it all together and with the little work i've done, it seems to be working great, so again thanks to all involved, I'm having a blast with my first BR gun.

We'll see how well it does in the upcoming match at Webster City IA.

That'll NEVER work!

Steve,
Looks GREAT - I can't post a pic yet, but we'll have to go for quarters; my new RimRock is almost ready to ROCK too - it'll be RimRock 30BR against RimRock 30BRX - I'll let BIG MIKE do the shootin' - that way, you'll at least have a chance! :p See ya in a couple of weeks. RG

The Shine

The picture doesn't show off how well the action and barrel are polished, they look like a fine chrome shine, and the stock, that is just like a mirror as well.

Well?

I Shot a 30br all last year and while it works great (it's a supertuned 700Lh) just shot a 250-21x for the 1st postal match, I thought I would try for a higher velocity node.

Stan Ware and Al Nyhus developed a cartridge called the 30 Wolf Pup which is based of the same 6mmbr case but is legal for NBRSA Hunter competition. This was a little bit to big of step for me so I went for a compromise with the Brx.

Barrel life shouldn't be a problem as it isn't for the 30 Wolf Pup. The velocitys of the two cartridges are close with the edge going to the Pup by about 30fps.

As a former mechanic, and dirt tracker, I also can't help but tinker with stuff, thats what makes this BR stuff so much fun!

30 Wolf Pup Cartridge

SGR Custom Rifles has been involved with the development of a new cartridge for benchrest shooting. It’s quite a unique cartridge, there is a nice little writeup on the AccurateShooter.com Bulletin

Attachments

• wolfpupx345.jpg
    wolfpupx345.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 349
That is a good looking gun and the Borden action looks like it is left handed. If you ever get sick of it, just send it to me ;)

Can't wait to see you poundin' X's with that beautiful rig, Steve. Stan told me how impressed he was with the Borden action and Borden/Robertson stock. :) -Al

Back