Thanks for the Memories...

B

Bill Myers

A long overdue thank you to all who called, sent cards and visited during Bill's illness. Thanks also to Bill Calfee for sending the beautiful drawing of the Myers cleaning rod -- it was displayed proudly along with Bill's yellow lens glasses and photographs at the memorial service. Bill Myers would have gotten a big kick out of receiving it. A special thanks for all of you who drove long distances to attend the service and for all of you who have since called and sent so many lovely cards.

Our memories of shooting are so many and so wonderful, the stories could go on for days. The people we met, the lifelong friends we made, the disagreements that in the long run were meaningless, the miles together on the road, the run-down motels, the fast food, the wins, the losses, the eternal search for a perfect combination of gun and ammo, the heat and humidity, the gnats in Georgia, the highs and the lows, the very first IR 50/50 Nationals, the wind .... always the wind -- priceless.

I thank each and every one of you for contributing in some way to one of the most wonderful and fulfilling experiences anybody could have. Bill lived for shooting and building guns and because he loved it so much he convinced me to come along for the ride. At first it was a tough sell, but now I admit I'm so glad I didn't miss one second of it.

Please call or visit if you happen to be in the area. I'll continue to live in Luray, close to my family.

Inez

don't know if this is appropriate

i wrote this for another shooter who had lost his life companion, Bill was a great man in this sport and i hope this may help,

Go on ahead

take that path my dearest loved one
it’s come time for us to part
go on ahead to glory
keep my love locked in your heart

we have walked hand in hand together
for all these many years
with smiles for the good times
we’ve dried each other’s tears

tho I will miss you on each morning
miss you on each lonely night
know I’ll not forget you