Texas (score) shooters a question

stiller

Middle aged member
I have been playing with rimfire a little lately. The ARA target is about the most popular one out there. It is a worst edge type of deal. It can be seen at.

http://ara.benchrest.net/images/ARA_Target.pdf

It may be fun to shoot a few of these at 100 yards with a centerfire just for kicks. The scoring rules are printed right on the target so take a look.

Here is the question:

Would anyone be interested in shooting a few of these targets in a fun match this fall in Denton. If there is enough interest, I will schedule a day and have a match and we can do it 2 ways. Charge only mininum fees and shoot ($25) or throw in $50 or so and split it up like a money shoot. Maybe shoot 2 to 4 cards. Most rimfires shoot up to 6 in a half day is my understanding. I could have it later this fall or possibly shoot a few targets on Friday before the IBS shoot during practice. It could be lots of fun. It definately wont be easy. The 30's will probably not rule due to the worst edge etc, but all the 22 and 6 ppcs that may be shooting for either the score or group part of the weekend will be pretty well matched.

Jerry

A hot 6PPC would definetly be the ticket for that, unless you happen have a 22 locked into a "teen agg" capability.

It would be kinda neat to do. My computer screen shows that mothball to be about 5/8 inch. I suspect it is actually 1/2.

Could I use my RailGun??.........jackie

yes

the denton matches are usually on sunday???---i would love to come but cannot get back to work(and function) on monday thanks mp

I would say a guy can use any thing

he has that will shoot. Put maybe a 20 minute time limit for 25 shots. We could maybe have it on a Saturday or the friday afternoon before the IBS shoot. Jackie, are you planning on coming up for that one.

25 shots on a centerfire

I will not shoot a good centrefire barrel 25 shots in the hot summertime. Good way to ruin a barrel .:mad:

Jerry

I am primarilly coming up Saturday to shoot the Varmint for Score segment. I will have just got back from the Nationals, will have put on our final Tomball Club Match that next week end, and then it's up to Denton.

I might not stick around Sunday for the Group Match. Like I said, my primary aim is to shoot the IBS Registered Varmint for Score........jackie

I've shot a fun match like that once in WV. We shot for 10 minutes, then took a break for clean and reload, then shot the remainder in 10 minutes. Used worst edge scoring too, that was an eye opener!

we shoot the usbr target at 100yds at braxton co wv,the 10 ring measures a small .100,we use best edge but you have to wipe out the 10 ring to score an x,so far no one has shot a 250,even the boys in kentucky have tried,they hold most of the records,it's really fun,we take 90 minutes & you can get up & clean & reload as you need

Back