Swindlehurst

W

Wad Cutter

Hi everyone,

Long time, and I am hanging it all up... Everything is being sold at auction starting this coming Friday, Oct 2, at http://poulinantiques.com/ in Farifield Maine, including my ugly brown rifle. The swindlehurst that got me into the IR 50-50 hall of fame in 2 years with it's Leupold 45x scope. The last time I fired it was at the New York State match back in 08 or so in the ARA competition. It was a lucky come from behind win. Most of you know the rifle, wish I wasn't selling, but, I got old! Funny how that catches up to you and you don't see it coming. Everything from my reloading room is going, from the 30 gun Browning safe to what was in it. :-(

My warm regards to all,

George Barnard
ggbii at earthlink dot net

Last edited by a moderator:
I know about that age thing George

It's a shame you haven't been around, we have had a lot of RF shooting here in Maine and New England for the past few years. Are you still mostly in Florida?

Pete

Pete,

I bought a boat and have been living aboard for the last 16 months, went to the Bahamas last winter and to Nova Scotia this past summer. I am presently still here in Maine seeing to the sale of all my worldly possessions, keeping only that which will fit on the boat, a 46' Nordhavn, and capable of a circumnavigation. I am too old to do that, but intend on heading to the Panama Canal this winter and get into the Pacific Ocean. I am not sure which way I will turn after the canal transit, but heading west is still an option. I have never been to the South Pacific, yet... :)

George

It's a shame you haven't been around, we have had a lot of RF shooting here in Maine and New England for the past few years. Are you still mostly in Florida?

Pete

I envy you

I am still struggling with finding space for my junk after moving to Augusta last fall. Good Luck with your voyage. We have visited the Hawaiian Islands the past couple of years. I too have wondered what it is really like in the South Pacific - - -

Pete

I remember this gun!

George,

It was always a pleasure to have you pull into Pinnacle Mountain's parking lot way back when with that "little" camper of yours. Of course, the fun part began when it was time to leave and you had to turn around.

You always shot great with that gun and won lots of matches (obviously) and were lucky enough to be able to travel far and wide to matches I never got to see. But then, from everything you've said, I guess you're still on the move. As with Pete, I envy your position. And yes, we both have grown older! If I were a younger man I'd be in Fairfield making a bid for your gun, or at least submitting one on line, but I don't shoot enough any more to make the trip worth the effort.

Good luck, and I'll be following its progress as the bidding goes on. And who knows, maybe I'll even submit one just because. I've printed out a copy of the auction report for your gun as it's eating me just to know it's coming up for sale.

Good luck in all your future endeavors. The world lies before you - literally!

Dave Shattuck

A friend bought it

Got a good deal on it too. I really didn't need another 10.5LB rifle. Might buy another Sporter if I can steal one somewhere :).

Pete

I went to Fairfield

Today to the Julia auctions first day. You should have seen the money flying! Lots of primo stuff and a great lunch!!

Back