Sweet's 7.62 Bore Cleaning Solvent ...

A

abintx

Has anyone found a good way to get Sweets to soak in or adhere better to a patch ??? It seems every time I try to put it on a soft cotton patch, no matter which side of the cloth I use, a portion of the solvent likes to roll off the patch like water off the back of a duck. Does everyone have the same problem ??? Any solution ???

I recommend switching to...

Bore Tech Eliminator...I have tried both, and the Bore Tech is just as effective, and penetrates the patch easily...

add a teaspoon of

Dawn dish detergent. It works by breaking down the surface tension of the liquid.

Richard

I use a nylon brush...

but when I use a patch I simply roll the patch on the jag and then holding it on the flat of the bottle where the Sweets comes out and work it into the patch while rotating the rod... I think that is why the dispenser has that large flat area...

Last edited by a moderator:
use your finger

I stack a couple of patches at a time and dribble some sweets out on the top patch then rub it in with my finger. I then place one patch on the jag and run it through the barrel. Works for me.

ported bore guide. let it soak in there , then use

or

presoak patches.....

but i often use hard bristle brushes or rcbs case neck brushes, just rinse in hot water after each use.

mike in co

This is what I do... I lay a stack of patches on the bench to use for my "wet" patches...then I'll just drizzle the Sweet's until it soaks in and the top couple patches are wet... keep drizzling as you go....

Like Mr. Sorensen said

I use a nylon brush as well. I push it out of the muzzle over halfway and soak it again, then stroke about one minute to froth it up. I read about that here and it does help sweets to work much better. I put it on my fingers a couple times. Turned my skin brown, then peeled off.

I use a bore mop available from most sources. The solvent is dripped on after the patch exits the bore and then is pulled through. Never had a problem this way.

Back