Super Bowl XLIX

Fred J

Fred, succinctly put, as always. That, and I think the better team won. Now, New Englanders have something other than a hot cup of coffee, warm fire, friendly dog, and a shovel to see us through this lovely winter. Another 12 to 18 inches today and tomorrow. Stay warm Fred. Cheers, Charles

Seattle

The best conspiracy theory I heard was, if the they had given the ball to Lynch, and he would have scored, he would have been the MVP. But now that he is in option year, his contract would have been too much.

Uh, Mark K's right - some of you guys might want to dig a little deeper into Lynch's history. This from the Boston Globe (and something I heard on Comcast SN Bay Area):

"Lynch doesn’t have the bulldozing track record that one might anticipate from the 1-yard line. He was handed the ball at the 1 five times in 2014, getting into the end zone just once — a 20 percent success rate well short of the league average of 57.5 percent."

"Over his three-year partnership with Wilson, Lynch has more often failed to reach the end zone (7 times) than he has reached it (5) when given the opportunity from the 1. Perhaps that track record sat in the back of Seahawks coaches’ minds as they considered their call."

And he's a jerk, in case you hadn't been paying attention. I hear he's going to retire now. Can't blame him.

Then there's Richard Sherman. Why wasn't he clowning and taunting for the sideline camera after that interception? Did he suddenly take ill? Hey? :cool:

Opinions

Uh, Mark K's right - some of you guys might want to dig a little deeper into Lynch's history. This from the Boston Globe (and something I heard on Comcast SN Bay Area):

"Lynch doesn’t have the bulldozing track record that one might anticipate from the 1-yard line. He was handed the ball at the 1 five times in 2014, getting into the end zone just once — a 20 percent success rate well short of the league average of 57.5 percent."

"Over his three-year partnership with Wilson, Lynch has more often failed to reach the end zone (7 times) than he has reached it (5) when given the opportunity from the 1. Perhaps that track record sat in the back of Seahawks coaches’ minds as they considered their call."

The Record speaks for itself.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LE...-history/RK=0/RS=I1uItnIy8BoQqfQunYrMqYgV_BU-

The Record speaks for itself.

True. His record scoring from the 1-yd line as a Seahawk are far worse than the league average. Shockingly bad, really, considering his total game. The pass probably seemed the better option to the OC. Pity.

Oh, well, there's always next season.

Back