Suhl and Eley black box

J

Jody777

You guys with the Suhl 150, and barrel twist in 16 1/2 or 17, what speed Eley shoots the best? I tried some 1078 yesterday and it seem to outshoot the slower ammo.:)

My two Suhl's, one 16.5" and one 17" twist likes the Eley Black Box from the #3 machine at between 1050 and 1060fps..

Dave

All Different

There is no way you can expect every Suhl barrel to shoot the same ammo. Get hold of Dan at Killough Shooting Sports, for some test lots and try every lot before you decide. I have some that shoot 1031 fps and others that shoot 1075 fps. Dan is an Active Advertiser on this board.

17cal:

I have 1 1/2 cases that I bought about a year ago and I am shooting it sparingly..

Dave

Don't know if this will help. I just put new Anschutz barrel on my 1613 and the faster ammo I shoot the better it gets. I'm up to some 1082 Tennex and it's shooting it's best so far. To me factory barrels seem to the faster ammo.

Seems my Suhl shoots the higher speeds better also, 1075's being the best so far, but I haven't shot any faster than that.

mine has seemed to prefer the 1060-1063 fps ammo. i have yet had any over 1063 to group well yet. i try it and seem to find it likes the 1060-1063 best. you can'texpect them all to like the same ammo. some will like the slower some the faster. you got to let the rifle show you what it likes.

I have a Suhl 150, and I have a lot of Eley Match EPS at 1059 fps that is a real zinger in this rifle. [16.5" twist] A lot of slightly faster EPS was not as good. Regards, Eagleye.

Back