Storage of Match Ammo

Inside out of the heat

I store what will fit in the Safe, and the rest anywhere I can hide it from nosy people.

They would say...

I wonder what Eley would say about the subject.

Shoot it up and buy more. Happy Easter dude!

Ps was sighting in my 37 for the 200 yd at Lincoln county. Tried old Fed UM 1 and it shot a pattern like a shotgun. Switched to R50 and it shot wonderfully. My 40X loves UM 1. I had better write all this down.

Last edited:
HAppy Easter!

Shoot it up and buy more. Happy Easter dude!

Ps was sighting in my 37 for the 200 yd at Lincoln county. Tried old Fed UM 1 and it shot a pattern like a shotgun. Switched to R50 and it shot wonderfully. My 40X loves UM 1. I had better write all this down.

It's always a good idea to keep notes, especially as we age :). I was fortunate enough to find a lot bof my rifles shoot well. Sure makes things a lot easier. We are packing to leave tomorrow morning. Gonna spend a few days touring and then shoot in the Crawfish. Heading home right after the match. Should be in Ct Tuesday. I will be home Sunday.

Don't know what Eley would say but Lapua says stored properly it should have about a 5 year shelf life.
52-Shooter

I have seen some ancient stuff that shot Lights Out. Some guys who use to shoot in matches I ran inherited a Position rifle from their step father. Along with it came some Plain Wrapper ammo. That rifle was unbeatable until that old ammo ran out.

I know what your saying, I've had a case of old Fiocchi Exacta that I bought at Camp Perry about 30 years ago. I've shot some of my best scores ever with it and won my share of matches with it, shot up the last of it last year and won a group shoot with it. I guess it had a 30 year shelf life :D
52-Shooter

Back