Stolen Rifle

Whereabouts are you from that may help! I'll keep my eye open. That should stick out if someone is looking to sell it.

Joe Salt

Oregon City, Oregon...................that's not to say that it would not be taken elsewhere in order to make it easier to sell to a private party.
Value of the rifle as it sits...................$6500.00

Thanks for posting this here. I know it's not a Benchrest setup but I apperciate you keeping an eye out.

I'm sick about it and am hoping someone sees it floating around. If you see it, you will know it. Not many like it.

Keep an eye out.

Cody

Bump for my pal Cody!

Just got word that Cody's rifle has been recovered by two fishermen who snagged it from under a bridge...................probably stolen by some young tweakers who upon opening the drag-bag realized that it was too unique to peddle, so they threw it off a bridge. The stock is broken and the scope is beat to H___. Some phuquers are only alive 'cause it's illegal to kill them.

Hopefully, with it only being gone for a week of so, most of it will be repairable to some extent. Though, if it's been submerged for most of that time, that beautiful stock may be gone.

I'm a retired Cabinetmaker / Furniture maker / Finish Carpenter of the highest degree, and I am waiting to see the stock to see if it can be saved. I have experienced massive damage due to vandalism to premium grade paneling and millwork, and it is amazing what can be accomplished by a talented touch-up guy. I can make the repairs (if worth repairing) and a great touch-up man can work wonders with graining and blending. We will see just haw bad it is and go from there.

Gun Recovered!

I'm a retired Cabinetmaker / Furniture maker / Finish Carpenter of the highest degree, and I am waiting to see the stock to see if it can be saved. I have experienced massive damage due to vandalism to premium grade paneling and millwork, and it is amazing what can be accomplished by a talented touch-up guy. I can make the repairs (if worth repairing) and a great touch-up man can work wonders with graining and blending. We will see just haw bad it is and go from there.
IF some one finds a real nice piece of drift wood one day with an adjustable cheek piece in it, Please send it back to me.

I wanted to report back to those that have kept an eye out for my rifle. It’s great to see a group of people willing to help out others that they may not know or may never meet. Thank you all.
I got a call last night from the investigator of the case to report that they had found my gun! That was the good news, the bad news is that it was found at the bottom of the Clackamass River. It looks like the person that stole it threw it off the bridge. Two fisherman saw it as the floated the river and pulled it out with a net. A county sheriff just happen to be watching them and immediately made contact. Bad news is the stock busted and the part not attached to the barreled action was not recovered….(floated down the river).
The scope received damage, (hope NF covers water damage).
I have not actually seen it and most likely will not be able to for two weeks. They will not release it to me without a background check, which they cannot do as the county sheriff. It has to be mailed in. Side not, the lady in the property room looks at me and says “are you even allowed to own a gun?” My immediate answer, if I am not able to own a gun that wouldn’t that makes me a felon? Wouldn’t it be pretty stupid for coming to the county sheriff to get my gun back!

The Oregon City Police department was a pleasure to work with. I think they went above and beyond what they normally do for stolen property.

IF some one finds a real nice piece of drift wood one day with an adjustable cheek piece in it, Please send it back to me.

I wanted to report back to those that have kept an eye out for my rifle. It’s great to see a group of people willing to help out others that they may not know or may never meet. Thank you all.
I got a call last night from the investigator of the case to report that they had found my gun! That was the good news, the bad news is that it was found at the bottom of the Clackamass River. It looks like the person that stole it threw it off the bridge. Two fisherman saw it as the floated the river and pulled it out with a net. A county sheriff just happen to be watching them and immediately made contact. Bad news is the stock busted and the part not attached to the barreled action was not recovered….(floated down the river).
The scope received damage, (hope NF covers water damage).
I have not actually seen it and most likely will not be able to for two weeks. They will not release it to me without a background check, which they cannot do as the county sheriff. It has to be mailed in. Side not, the lady in the property room looks at me and says “are you even allowed to own a gun?” My immediate answer, if I am not able to own a gun that wouldn’t that makes me a felon? Wouldn’t it be pretty stupid for coming to the county sheriff to get my gun back!

The Oregon City Police department was a pleasure to work with. I think they went above and beyond what they normally do for stolen property.

Cody, the reason she asked "are you even allowed to own a gun" is that cherubic face of yours..... GROWL at her a liddle :) :) give 'er the intern scowl......

LOL
al

What a damn shame that such a beautiful rifle ended up like that. It was bad enough they stole it to begin with......but then they had to go destroy it? There's so many low forms of modern day neanderthal man walking the streets that care nothing about the grief they cause for others and only think of themselves.

They'ed probably have thrown the Mona Lisa into the city dump if they thought it was too hot for a $50 pawn!!

Great picture

A great picture of a fine rifle. Could be the picture helped the recovery. My Daughter recently got into my gun safe and photoed every thing in there with serial numbers showing and great side and bottom views. Full book now on display for friends to drool over

Back