Stock painter

Boe

Does anyone know a GOOD stock painter? One that does what he says he can do. And follows instructions. I got one back today that was the wrong color and looked like someone that did'nt know how to paint painted it. I could have painted it flat black with a brush and looked better than this. Does anyone take PRIDE in their work anymore? I wish Kav was still painting.
Thanks Boe

Last edited:
This could be interesting on a bench gun ....

gun9.jpg

http://www.kustomcamo.com/portfolio.php

lots of Skulls :
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...viewPicture&friendID=414840263&albumId=492485

Glenn:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Boe...if you want a beautiful paint job for a Benchrest rifle...glossy and colorful contact mike Ricklefs...You will not be dissappointed his work is second to none and the price is Walmart Cheap...this is from first hand experience...;)

http://www.mikericklefs.com/

Boe,
Mike did a stock for me last year and did a heck of a job. I don't think you could go wrong having him paint a stock for you. He might be a little booked up but it is worth the wait.

Best,

Dan Batko

"Where are we going and why am I in this basket?"

Contact Garrett Knight at Kustom Koach Works in Worland, Wy.

Great guy and a bad azz with a paint gun.

Cheers,

Chad

Someone who paints cars or motorcycles can do a good job. A guy who painted guitars did a stock for me years ago, with an Imron clearcoat. It came out flawless. Trouble is it looks too good and I didn't want to ding it up, so now it sits on a shelf.

Thought you might be interested in this stock that I had Kav do for my son for graduation from OSU. I received it last week. I don't know how much Kav did on it or who did what. Kav enlisted in the military about the time that I sent it to him. Gary Garton clear coated it.

OSU-1.jpg

OSU-2.jpg

OSU-3.jpg

OSU-4.jpg

OSU-5.jpg

The two painters I use are good.

One is the employee of my business partner's son. He squirts color on half million dollar vintage motorcycles. (H/D's, Merkels, Indians, Aces, etc.)

He's local so if you have something I can offer my shop as a conduit to him.

The other is a buddy in Worland Wyoming. Kustom Koach Works is a higher end paint shop that specializes in classic car restoration and general autobody repair.

Garrett is a big gun nerd and fellow giant scale RC airplane pilot. The paint he lays on his 12-15K all composite aerobatic airplanes is to die for.

Hope this helps.

Chad

ips.png

The biggest problem with motorcycle and car painters is they don't understand weight. They just keep building it up and then you could have a problem. I would go with the guy that Mike Bryant mentioned. If Kav recommended him, he will be great. I don't believe that he is inexpensive, but cheap guys can't do a good job.
Butch

Butch, that's why I quit doing my own stock painting. I sent Kav two Borden stocks that I had originally painted myself. When they came back they were 4 ounces lighter than what they were with my paint jobs. After that, I figured that I'd leave the stock painting to the professional stock painters.

I have work done by a local tatoo artist who paints by air-brush . Incrediable work . But then your back to being fearful of scratches ...
There are alot of talented painters here and there in different occupations , most are happy to show examples of past work .
Steve S

I painted mine on labor day and it turned out pretty good.I paint cars and do body work on the side so the base and clear are no problems,but I`m no artist by no means.I bought this suhl and it had a red stock and I`m no fan of red so I ordered a airbrush and figured I would try some flames.I`ll try and post some before and aftershots.
blue1022008.jpg
[/IMG]
blue1022009.jpg
blue1022010.jpg
blue1022011.jpg
blue1022007.jpg

Thanks.Guns to me are like cars I`d rather have ugly fast car than a pretty slow one!But I was somewhat pleased with how the stock turned out.But it don`t matter what I do,I`m my worse critic.I guess that`s what keeps us striving to do better.

Back