Stanley Buchtel

That was a great video and captured Stan well. I am wondering did Stan pass away or merely quit shooting? I sincerely hope it was the later. He is one of my heroes in benchrest,

I really enjoyed the video. Great video of a good friend I've known for a long time. Videos like this do more to promote benchrest shooting than anything that we can do. Jimmy had planned on going and had decided to back out. I did a little mapping and it wasn't but a couple of hours to go via Arkansas and pick Jimmy up and head to Kelbly's. We talked benchrest all the way to the Super Shoot and all the way back. I hadn't attended the Super Shoot since around 2007 as it's a long ways up there. I was glad to be able to shoot the last one that they had at Kelbly's. It was always quite an experience. The people we've met over the years have been what has made shooting benchrest great.

Really great video and nice picture of George Kelbly, Stan, Bob White and Skip Gordon standing. I met Stan in France in 1989 in a tour that he made with George Kelbly, Walt Berger, Nelson Berger and Glen Newick to promote benchrest in Europe and since than he has been a friend and one of the nicest persons with whom I had the pleasure to share our common passion. His video reflects the the personality and quality of the man that he is, CONGRATULATIONS Stan!

Great video i havent shot BR in many years have many great memories with Stan a fine person that gave me alot of help .
Mark Rose

Back