Springs:

Pete Wass

For those who haven't seen it, there is an interesting discussion about ignition and springs on rimfireaccuracy.com. It's amazing what we don't know about common things, isn't it?

Pete

The bearing

seems like a great idea. Might try one. Would one on each end be better?

Thanks,

Pete

seems like a great idea. Might try one. Would one on each end be better?

Thanks,

Pete

Sure it does Pete. That's why Gordon did some firing pins using them, except he machined them from brass. Remember, you know, back when you were convinced that was the wrong approach?

Last edited:
For those who haven't seen it, there is an interesting discussion about ignition and springs on rimfireaccuracy.com. It's amazing what we don't know about common things, isn't it?

Pete

Man!...Isn't it a shame that we don't have to deal with 6 & 12 o'clock ignition hammers and SAP & PAS spring systems in regulators and valve systems?....I guess airguns are just too boring don't you think? :cool:

Will not participate but LOVE to read those discussions...

Regards,

Azuaro

Last edited:
Perthaps Tim

Sure it does Pete. That's why Gordon did some firing pins using them, except he machined them from brass. Remember, you know, back when you were convinced that was the wrong approach?

you could google ball bearings and try to get on the same page here :)

Pete

you could google ball bearings and try to get on the same page here :)

Pete

Guess you overlooked all the info about additional spring compression and weight for light pins in the thread YOU brought to our attention.
Yet another " adult moment" perhaps?

Nope Tim,

Guess you overlooked all the info about additional spring compression and weight for light pins in the thread YOU brought to our attention.
Yet another " adult moment" perhaps?[/QUOTE

Not any of that was lost on me. Actually, I was considering my Myers when I was thinking Ball Bearings. Go read up on Ball Bearings Tim, They have been around for a very long time. How little we know - - -

Pete

Yet another " adult moment" perhaps?[/QUOTE

Not any of that was lost on me. Actually, I was considering my Myers when I was thinking Ball Bearings. Go read up on Ball Bearings Tim, They have been around for a very long time. How little we know - - -

Pete

Yes Pete, like many I've assumed you store an ample supply between the ears. That said, generally 40X clones don't need assistance.

Back