Sporter Stock?

D

Doug

The Ir 50/50 rules state:
"Stock must be made of wood and must be designed to be shoulder fired. Laminate wood is allowed and the action area may contain bedding material."

If the stock has laminated composite material in its construction is that legal??

No

Sorry Doug;
That has been brought up before.

The rule as you have written it and is in the book says wood it doesn't say wood
and any other material you want to put in there?!
Pete

Sorry Doug;
That has been brought up before.

The rule as you have written it and is in the book says wood it doesn't say wood
and any other material you want to put in there?!
Pete

Personally never heard it asked, where was it brought up? Simply curious.

It seems to me that any thing decided in a discussion at the Nats but not written into the rules and published isn't in the rules!
Dave

It seems to me that any thing decided in a discussion at the Nats but not written into the rules and published isn't in the rules!
Dave

As Pete said above the rules as written above are pretty clear. Wood, not wood and any other material you want to put in there.

I gusee the glue

used in the laminated stocks IS NOT considered to be anything other than wood, eh? but it lets the cat peek out of the bag a bit - - -

Pete

Last edited:
Come on Pete, let's not get ridiculous. Glue is integral to laminated wood, which has already been determined to be allowed. Carbon fiber or fiberglass fabric is not wood and not glue. So what is allowed is an all wood stock and wood laminate (wood and glue). This can be modified by a rule change or an official interpretation allowing a laminate layer other than wood and glue, otherwise, it's just that simple. Keep your cat in your bag and tape off sporter barrels.

Back