Sporter Class Specs.

OK. I believe I understand the details. I have a few ideas that I think will work. Thanks for the info.

The next part of the question is, will there be any Sporter matches other than the Nationals, which I may not be able to attend? What is the use of making a new rifle if it cannot be used?

New Sporter Class rules...

WOW...that is great news...it means we can have 4" or wider forearm,a parallel forearm and buttstock, a straight untapered barrel...!...wish this were true for the HV class it would help in VFS with the 30BR....maybe...down the road...:D

Eddie in Texas

WOW...that is great news...it means we can have 4" or wider forearm,a parallel forearm and buttstock, a straight untapered barrel...!...wish this were true for the HV class it would help in VFS with the 30BR....maybe...down the road...:D

Seems like it will have to be a pretty short straight taper barrel to keep rifle under 10.5 lbs.

Tom

This change was approved by the BOD at this year’s meeting and is not up for discussion and voting by the BOD again -- the BOD does not get to vote on it again.

It is up to the membership now.--- the membership gets to vote on it at next year’s nationals to either make this change permanent or to do away with it --- NOT THE BOD!!!! The BOD has already approved it!!!!

I'm hoping that it stays in place as we finally have a rifle class that is open to experimenting

Gene Bukys

It's going to be a little tough to do much experimentation in just a year as it takes time to get components and build or have stocks made. Don't see any reason not to keep the new changes, though, as it gives people the flexibility to build outside the rules for the LV class. It's an exciting time to me and I look forward to seeing what people come up with to shoot this year. The class changes would be more in line with the first objective of the NBRSA the development and encouragement of extreme accuracy in rifles, ammunition, equipment and shooting methods.

Back