Some discussion on the "new" IBS target, please.

Changes in equipment, course of fire, and targets

Such changes are seldom good and never accepted by all. I said before, in ten years as director, I raised my hand to many a change that sounded really good at the time only to wish I had it stuck in my A$$ later when I observed the effect. Jerry's assessment, that if the test targets were printed somebody is/was trying to change the target, is accurate. Speak now!

Jerry - stupid ain't the same as idiot but inappropriate if used in a first person sense. :rolleyes:

Larry - when the matches subside, I want to get back on that .2 grain difference thing if you're still willing.

Jerry - stupid ain't the same as idiot but inappropriate if used in a first person sense. :rolleyes:

Life it getting too complicated. I thought I knew the difference between stupid and ignorant. Now they throw in idiot. Is there a scale to judge them by??

Next thing we know they will throw in some PC stuff like intellectually challanged and such!!

Old Webster dictionary.
Dumb. Inability to learn.
Ignorant. Lacking in education.
Stupid. Knows better. But, does it anyway.

Example. I will now do something stupid.

Which is get involved in the conversation.

Jerry. I was the bearded guy/(shaved head Super Shoot cap) who said Hi to you several times.
I shot on 2nd relay bench 4 rotation.
Tim B.

Old Webster dictionary.
Dumb. Inability to learn.
Ignorant. Lacking in education.
Stupid. Knows better. But, does it anyway.

Example. I will now do something stupid.

Which is get involved in the conversation.

Jerry. I was the bearded guy/(shaved head Super Shoot cap) who said Hi to you several times.
I shot on 2nd relay bench 4 rotation.
Tim B.

Hey Tim, it was a pleasure to meet you at Kelblys.

( I hope I returned the "Hi's" (didn't I?))

I am relatively new to the sport. Some know me.
Sometimes I have a big mouth. Let certain things slip. Anyway.

I have shot at Holton for 5 or 6 yrs. Not sure.
The mirage on my first trip there was terrible. I had a 36X scope. Could not see the targets. Sunday 200y. 2nd target I was told I was in 1st place. I could not see my bullet holes.
The range had a major change over. Leveled out. New benches. The last 3 yrs. it has changed a lot. The range is still changing. The grass/weeds are just about filling in the sandy spots.
As Jeff said the Target problem was at the printer. The Target Crew is probably blameless. How do you change that many targets? At the last minute.
I heard several people worked for 3 mos. just putting stickers on targets.

I think, Holton Gun and Bow club did a pretty good job.

Heck, there were only 75 shooters.
Gee I thought I heard there would be over 200 shooters. The Harrington Inn would be full. The club camp ground would be over flowing.
It was all pretty quiet.

Oh, yea.
I vote for the red targets.
And also. I am a member in good standing IBS and NBRSA. For a few yrs.
Oh. That's right. Not just for this Nationals event.
Heard a handful of shooters refused to pay for a membership. ???

Is that dumb?
Maybe STUPID?
And people wonder if the sport is dieing.

Tim B.

Hey Tim, it was a pleasure to meet you at Kelblys.

( I hope I returned the "Hi's" (didn't I?))

Hi Jerry. I was given the impression you had forgot.
I had a lot on my plate. It was a busy week. But, I had a great time. You IBS guys are a lot of fun.
The mechanical problems got in the way. Had to switch to a lesser accurate rifle. The weight fell off inside the stock. Thought I had it fixed. It fell off again. I could not get the aluminum screw out.
The thrown shots really set me back....

Last edited:
Maybe Francis will come out and shoot Sat.
3 matches in MI. WWCCA, Harrison, Isabella...........
I will be running the matches at WWCCA.

Back